A Little Sleepy

The day after your date, you arrived at the water tower around the same time as you usually do. To your surprise, Dot was the one who answered the door.

"Hi ___!" she said with a smile, which was a strange contrast to the yelling you heard in the background.

You walked inside and saw Yakko chasing Wakko around the room, who was spilling juice all over the place.

"Wakko, get back here! You can't drink all the juice, and you're getting it everywhere!" Yakko shouted as Wakko ran over to you.

Yakko had just realized you were there when Wakko ran up to you to say hi. You snatched him up before he could run away again and pulled the juice carton out of his hands. Yakko walked over and screwed the lid on and took it out of your hand. Wakko just looked up at you with a grin and his tongue sticking out. You squeeze him in a hug and then let him loose to run around the room again.

You walked over to the kitchen where Yakko was putting the juice back in the fridge and realized he looked really tired.

"You alright? You don't look so good." you said with a bit of concern.

"Yeah, uhhhhh remember when I told Wakko and Dot to be asleep by the time I got back?" he asked and you nodded in response. "Well, they were very much awake when I got home, and it took me forever to get them to bed." he said, leaning against the kitchen counter and yawning.

"So you didn't get much sleep last night, did you?" you asked.

"Nope." he shook his head and gave you a tired smile.

You took his hand and led him over to the couch. "You just rest for a while. What do you need me to do?"

Wakko immediately popped up from behind the couch. "Ohhh, can you make waffles? Please please please."

You nod your head. "Sure." you tell him before turning back to Yakko, who was slouched on the couch and looked like he was about to pass out. You gave him a kiss on the forehead, which made him smile and me mumbled something you couldn't quite hear.

Dot ran up beside you as you walked over to the kitchen where Wakko was already waiting.

"Since you and Yakko are dating now are you gonna live here?" she asked you as she hopped up on the chair.

You were surprised by the question. You looked over at Yakko on the couch and saw he was already asleep.

"I don't know about that. I already sleep here half the time, how much more time could you guys possibly want with me?" you asked as you pulled out the pancake mix and the waffle press.

"All the time, forever." she said, kicking her legs back and forth on the chair.

You couldn't help but smile. "I love you guys." you said, kind of quietly to yourself, as you started mixing the milk and a couple eggs into the mix and Wakko walked up to the counter and stood on his tip-toes, staring at the mix as you stirred.

You poured it into the waffle press and slapped Wakko's hand away when he reached out to touch it. "You'll burn yourself." you explained to him when he gave you a pouty face.

When the waffles were done you set them on the table. Wakko and Dot started eating as you went over to the coffee machine and made a small cup. You pulled some almond milk out of the fridge to put in the coffee, because Yakko's lactose intolerant, along with some sugar.

As you were stirring the sugar into the coffee, Wakko walked up to you after putting his plate in the sink. "Can I have some?" he asked with his little puppy eyes.