Getting acclimated

Day two started off cloudy and overcast. Namjoon made sure to put on a hoodie under his robes this time since there was rain in the forecast. There were a couple of areas he had to walk between classes that weren't covered and he hated wearing wet clothes all day. 

Meeting up with Hoseok in the main section of their dorm they decided to walk to breakfast together since Namjoon woke up earlier than the previous day. He found out that Hoseok had Astronomy the day before, which was actually Namjoons first class today. Hoseok told him that it was basically the same as the day before; introductions and expectations, nothing major at all. But that the Astronomy tower had quite a few steps and was on the opposite side of the castle, so he would want to give himself plenty of time to get there. Thanking him for that vital information, Namjoon filled his thermos with coffee and grabbed a muffin before slinging his bag over his shoulder and leaving quickly. 

Making it up to the tower with a few minutes to spare, Namjoon was pleasantly surprised to see Taehyung already sitting in the middle of the room. 

"Hello, Taehyung. How's your morning going so far?"

"Hello, Namjoon. Well, it just started so I guess it's going pretty well." He shot Namjoon a charming boxy smile before looking down at his book, his fingers fiddling with the corner pages. "I'm glad I know somebody in this class though. It's unnerving being in a new place and not knowing anybody."

"You're right, it is. But I'm here so all is well." Namjoon smiled. "Is it ok if I sit next to you, or are you reserving the seat for someone?"

Taehyuns face brightened at the question. "No, I'd be happy to have you join me! Please sit."

"Seokjin was right. You are polite!"

"No reason to be rude. Plus I just hate rudeness. It's a detestable way to be, sucking the joy away from those around you for no reason."

"Well tell me how you really feel Taehyung." He chuckled.

"You can call me Tae, I don't mind."

"Ok, Tae. So Hoseok had this class yesterday and he said it was pretty much the same as all our classes yesterday, but that it seemed really cool. So I'm sure we're going to enjoy it."

"I can't wait! There's nothing calmer than laying in a field looking up at the stars. It's one of my favorite things, other than my dog of course." Tae explained.

"You have a dog! So do I! What's his name?"

"Yeontan, but we call him Tannie. He's a sassy fluff ball but he's so sweet." The excitement played all over Tae's face, making Namjoon smile. "What about you?"

"Rap Mon. I know it's silly, but he used to bark in a rhythm and it sounded like he was trying to rap. Oh, wait I have some pictures." Namjoon pulled his phone from his back pocket, barely managing not to drop it, and scrolled through his gallery, stopping on his favorite picture of RapMon. "I had taken him for a walk and came across this dog part not far from my house. Did you know they have puppy slides at dog parks? I didn't. He loved it though. Kept going up and sliding back down, his paws scrambling across the plastic."

Tae chucked, not getting a chance to respond before the teacher came in. Needless to say, Hoseok was right. It was a basic intro day, the only "real" aspect was learning they would have lab partners, which immediately made Tae and Namjoon look at each other before nodding. Well, that was one problem solved. 

A couple of hours later found Namjoon and Taehyung back in class together, this time Herbology. Namjoon was glad for his hoodie as it had started to pour the minute he walked the path to the Herbology greenhouses. Namjoon was looking forward to this class as he had always enjoyed having plants around, in fact, he had a small bonsai on his desk in his dorm, but he wanted to learn more. Tae on the other hand, preferred flowers, peonies being his favorite. During their whispers before class, they learned they both had a free period next with Music after that. 

Using their free time to actually study, Namjoon was able to make good headway on the mountain of work that was slowly taking over his bag. The amount of work his Ancient Studies professor was already assigning was atrocious; a 5-page paper already and it was only the second day of school. Once the free period was over Namjoon and Tae decided to walk to Music together, this way they wouldn't be walking in alone. Walking into the music room they were shocked to find Seokjin, Jimin, Hoseok, Jungkook, and Yoongi in there as well. They could see Hoseok trying in vain to talk to Yoongi, who was clearly having none of it. Seokjin, Jimin, and Jungkook were sitting together talking, so Namjoon and Tae made their way over to them. 

"It's a lost cause, that boy clearly wants nothing to do with him." Jimin motioned towards Hoseok and the angry Yoongi who was throwing glares at the sunny boy next to him.

"I don't know. Even the river wears the rock down eventually. It's all about persistence." Namjoon interjected. 

Jungkook looked at Namjoon blankly, "You are a wise man Kim Namjoon, that right there explains why you're one of my companions. Now I just need to figure out why Seokjin is also."

"Maybe it's not him being your companion, but you being his," Tae explained. "Just throwing out ideas, I could be wrong though."

Glancing at Seokjin, Jungkook pondered this. What could Seokjin possibly have to teach him? Sure he was older and stunning, but Jungkook was also a handsome guy - girls were always chasing after him. 

"Yah quit staring! Maybe that's what I'll be teaching you, manners and respect." Seokin chimed in. He was used to be stared at, but not so much by boys.

The teacher finally came in and the class quieted down a smidge. With only having music two days a week, the professor was quick to tell them what their main project was this semester. Informing them it was going to be worth 50% of their grade, but that they were able to work in groups. Naturally, the six boys would work together, but once the teacher insisted Yoongi couldn't work on his own, Hoseok dragged him over to the rest of the team. Since Yoongi refused to open his mouth and talk, Hoseok made the introductions even though by this point the other five all knew of him. According to the teacher, they had the next three months to write, produce, and basically put together an original song. Sadly, none of the boys knew what the others could do, and especially in the case of Tae, were too shy to speak up and let others know. Namjoon being the go-getter that he is, made sure to sign them up for a block of time in one of the smaller music rooms. Letting the others know the day and time so they could all make sure to be there.