Questions and answers

dedicated to minsuga4evr for keeping me going with all the amazing comments!

The small group lounged around the music room, some up against the walls others lying against each other. 

"Jinnie, may I ask you a question?"  Lifting his head from Namjoons lap, Tae looked over at Jin.

"Of course Taetae."

"Why do you hurt yourself?"

"Oh." Jin wrapped his arms around himself tighter, hesitant to answer a seemingly innocent question.

"Wait, what do you mean Jin hurts himself?" Jimin sits up from his place against Tae's side. "You hurt yourself Jinnie?"

"I mean I.. well shit." The eldest murmured. Raising the hem of his shirt, he showed a sliver of his stomach, letting the rest see the scars littering the brief piece of skin they could see.

"Hyungie, is that a bandage, did you do this recently?" Jimin scoots next to Jin, his fingers hovering over Jin's stomach before resting back on his lap. Looking up at Jin sadly, "Hyungie why would you do this?"

"Because I'm not beautiful like all of you. I never have been and I never will be. I'm fat and worthless, a mere mortal compared to the rest of you. All my life I heard how I would never amount to anything because I had no special skills. I was too stupid to make honors classes, had zero athletic ability, and growing up I was short and fat, hardly something to be proud about." The words poured forth before he could even stop them, his hand flying up to cover his mouth in horror.

Pushing Jungkooks head off his lap Yoongi moved over to Jin. "You are not ugly, fat, or worthless Jin. You are one of the nicest, most attractive people I have ever met. And being a Veela I've been around some attractive people," he joked. "But you, god Hyung there is something magical about you, even if you are a 'mere mortal'. Your very presence is a gift and all of us are lucky enough to be graced by a present that precious." Yoongi reached out, cupping Jin's cheek in his palm. "Please never think so little of yourself. You are worth more than this entire school."

Jimin rested his head on Jin's shoulder. "Hyungie I don't know what any of us would do if something happened to you. I don't know what happened in your past to make you feel this way, but it's not worth dwelling on. Please if you have thoughts like that again come to one of us so we can remind you just how much you mean to us." Lifting his head he placed a small kiss on Jin's cheek, giggling when Jin flushed a pretty pink color.

"They're right Hyung," Jungkook spoke up. "You bring more to this group than you know. I don't know how many times I've been stressed from schoolwork or practice and you make me feel better just by cracking a stupid joke. You might not think you have a special power, but the way you light up a room is a power few people have."

Yoongi nodded, his hands hesitating over the hem of Jin's shirt. "May I?" At Jin's small nod, he lifted the hem higher, seeing just how far the scars went. "Are there more?"

"On.. on my legs. I started there but didn't want to go down too far in case it got hot enough to wear shorts, so I moved to my stomach." Jin's quiet words echoed through the room. 

Leaning down Yoongi placed a small kiss on a faint scar near Jin's belly button. "Please don't hurt yourself anymore hyung."

A faint sniffling was heard from behind him, and they all turned to Tae who was trying to discreetly wipe away the tears trickling down his cheeks. "I'm sorry, but you guys are so beautiful. I am so happy to have you as friends." He leaned into Namjoon as he wrapped his arms around the younger boy.

Clearing his throat Jin looked over at Jimin. "What's your story?"

"Not much to tell really. I can tell when others are using their powers. I can always tell when they are being used on me, but if I focus I can tell when they are being used on people around me too, it just takes more out of me to do that." Jimin shrugged. "I did ok in school growing up."

Tae snorted hearing that. "Yeah, just ok. Mr. Valedictorian over here carried a 4.3 gpa through high school and graduated with honors."

"Tae," Jimin whined, "Other than you I had no friends, so I spent all my time studying, you know this."

"I know Jiminie, but you should be proud of it, not hide it."

"He's right Jimin. Just because I did poorly doesn't mean you should downplay your accomplishments. It doesn't make me feel bad to know you did so well." Jin chirped.

"Fine. Yes, I did all that, but it's different here. The classes are not what we had in high school, nothing like them actually, and I find myself struggling a bit. I know I've had Namjoon help me a few times since his I.Q is off the charts." Jimin admitted. "I love to dance though."

"What! I never knew that!" Tae was shocked.

"I don't tell you everything Taetae. It's just something I did in my basement, nothing major. I'm probably not any good, but it gave me a physical outlet, helped calm my mind and emotions, something I needed to keep on an even level so I wouldn't overwhelm you." Jimin smiled. "You had a tough enough time dealing with everything, I didn't want to add to it."

"I love you Jiminie."

"I love you too Taetae."

"Well, now I feel unloved." Jungkook pointed out.

"Same here kid, so don't feel bad," Namjoon added.

"Well come here then big man, I'll love ya!" Jungkook held his arms out, waiting for Namjoon to come over so he could hug him.

Namjoon laughed, but crawled across the floor and hugged Jungkook back.

"Well isn't this adorable." Hobi sneered from the doorway. "All this love and none of it aimed my way."