A sticky situation

Namjoon and Jungkook were out by the Quidditch fields the next day. Deciding to get some transfiguration practice in. Neither were particularly confident in their abilities to transform things but had managed to change something small. Jungkook had turned a pincushion into a hedgehog successfully and was sitting and playing with it while Namjoon stood silent. 

"I'm going for it."

"Going for what hyung?" The younger was fascinated with his prickly new friend, scratching gently under his little chin. It wasn't until he looked up that he noticed his hyung was no longer in front of him. Instead, a beautiful wolf sat before him, sitting there staring back patiently. "Hy-hyung is that you?"

The beautiful tan and white wolf cocked his head to the side, as close to an answer as Jungkook assumed he was going to get. Shakily he stretched his hand out, praying the wolf wasn't going to take it for something to gnaw on.

The wolf just chuffed at him, ducking his head until he was resting under the boy's hand. 

"Oh.. wow. I was expecting your fur to be coarse, but it's so soft Namjoon." His fingers slipping through the wolf's thick fur.

The wolf lurched back, a whine working its way up from deep inside, his eyes shifting back and forth quickly.

"Hyung it's ok. Change back if you're scared." Jungkook spoke softly, trying not to scare the wolf more. The wolf only whined more, his paws dancing from side to side. "What, can you not change back hyung?"

The wolf dropped his head, shaking it side to side.

"Oh shit. Ok. We can handle this." Jungkook murmured to himself. "Ok we can't just prance you back through the castle, it would scare the shit out of people. Wait! Tae is good with magic and animals. Hold on hyung I'm going to call Tae, he'll know what to do!"

Wolf-joon just laid in the tall grass, using his paws to cover his eyes as best he could. He felt so humiliated. He was supposed to be this great and knowledgeable wizard and he gets stuck in wolf form! He hoped no one else but these two ever found out about it.

It didn't take long for Tae to arrive, breathless and curious at what he saw. "Oook so what the hell happened here?"

"Transfiguration practice?" Jungkook just shrugged. "We were only supposed to do small things." He pointed to the hedgehog that had somehow waddled over to the wolf and was nuzzling against his paws. "Hyung here decided he didn't want to wait and went for the big change though. Now he's stuck."

Tae let out a deep breath. "Ok, we can handle this."  He laid down next to Namjoon, resting his head against the wolf's side. Closing his eyes, he was still and deep in concentration. It took a little while but eventually, his head popped up. "Oh well. This is a little harder than we were expecting. We might actually need Professor Onai to help with this one. This is way more than just a stuck transfiguration. Jungkook can you please go get her for us."

Tae sat up, stroking the wolf's back softly. "It's ok Joon, we'll get this sorted I promise. But boy are you in for a shock."

It didn't take long for Jungkook to come back with Professor Onai. She had been in class but when the boy told her what happened she raced out with him. Coming upon Tae and the beautiful wolf next to him she grimaced. "Jungkook said he tried to transfigure himself and got stuck?"

"Well that's one way of looking at it Professor, but there's more for him to learn. He will need to transform back for that to happen though. Can you help him?"

She smiled softly at the boy before her, "Of course I can Taehyung." Laying her hands gently on the wolf's head, she chanted softly, letting her words flow over the beautiful animal in front of her until eventually, he managed to shift back. His human form shivering now without the warmth of the added fur. "Well Mr. Kim, I hope you learned something from this."

"If he didn't, he will soon Professor. Thank you for your help, I think we can take it from here." Tae spoke confidently. Aware that he wasn't being the politest to the professor that just saved Namjoons's ass, but also aware that the conversation he and Namjoon needed to have was a private one.

Nodding curtly at Tae, she turned quickly, her silvery-blue robes billowing out behind her. 

"Are you ok Namjoon?" Jungkook rested near the other boy, laying his jacket over him until he became acclimated to the air around him again.

"Yes, I think I'm ok Kook. Thank you." He smiled up at the boy next to him. "Tae what happened? Why did I get stuck?"

Tae glanced from Namjoon to Jungkook. "Are you sure you want to discuss this now hyung?"

"Yes, I don't mind if Jungkook learns. I guess he and I will be learning together, again. Although maybe this time I won't get stuck in animal form." Namjoon tried to chuckle, but he guessed it was just too soon to be laughing over such matters.

"Ok well. You both know how I have an... affinity I suppose, with animals. It's because I can, in a sense - communicate with them. Not in words of course, but I guess I can sense how they feel." He watched the other two carefully, waiting for them to laugh, but no sound left their mouths. "Well when I had my head pressed against you, I could sense something buried deep inside. I don't think transfiguring into a wolf was a coincidence hyung. I think you are a shifter, a wolf shifter to be exact."

Two sets of eyes were now watching Namjoon carefully. Jungkook leaned over, lifting Namjoons bottom jaw so that his mouth was closed.

"No. No, things like this don't exist Tae. It's not possible!" Namjoon denied.

"If things like this don't exist, how do you explain us being wizards hyung?"

"Or me being part Genie." Jungkook threw those words out so casually that it actually took the other two a moment to realize what he said.

"What the shit. Wait, I thought Genies died out." The words burst out from Tae before he could even stop them. 

"Interesting that you thought that, but no. Granted there are very few of us left, and the lore didn't get all the aspects right of course, but we are still here."

"You're a genie... and Tae thinks I'm a shifter. I am so confused."

"I'm sure there's more to many of us that we tell the others about hyung. You and Jungkook are just two examples out of many." Tae's wise words settled into the other boys, both comforting them in the fact that they weren't alone out there, but hurting at the same time. If they were different, how different were some of their friends?

 If they were different, how different were some of their friends?