Eureka

Jin and Jimin threw all their time and effort into reversing Hobi's spell. The poor boy was still in the infirmary and the longer he was there, the more scared they got. Not only that, but they had a promise to keep. Jimin refused to let all Tae's work be in vain, especially with the boy no longer here to see the outcome. 

More than once Yoongi, Jungkook, or Namjoon had to drag their respected boyfriend out of the library and force them to get some rest, but that never lasted long. It had long passed the point of both boys showing signs of fatigue, the dark circles under their eyes getting worse each day that passed. But finally, all their hard work paid off.

Jimin sits back in shock, looking down at the notebook filled with writing. "I did it. Hyung I think I actually did it." He looked over at Jin with a grin.

"Are you sure?" Jin snatched the notebook up, reading over Jimins meticulous handwriting. He shoved his chair back as he stood up, smiling down at Jimin. "You did it!" Running around the table to scoop the boy up in a hug. "Omg, you did it. We have to find the others and get everything together!"

He packed up his stuff quickly, forcing Jimin to do the same before snagging the boys' smaller hand in his, dialing Yoongi on his phone, and telling him to gather the others to the music room. Bursting in the room they were irritated to find the others hadn't made it there yet. "You'd figure me telling them we cracked it would have gotten their asses to move faster." He complained, tapping his foot impatiently as Jimin pulled out the notebook they used.

"Calm down hyung, it's already been a month since Hobi has been in the infirmary, he isn't going anywhere yet. We have time to get this started." He spoke softly, hoping his calm demeanor would rub off on Jin.

The other three burst into the room, voices colliding with each other as they shot questions to Jin and Jimin.

"Hold up." Jimin raised his hand, hoping it would quiet the others down. "Sit. Stay. Good boys. Ok now. Like Jin told Yoongi, we figured it out. We know how to reverse the spell and bind the bracelet, now it's just a matter of getting what we need. It's not a matter of using the same things Hobi did, we need different stuff to counteract his."

"For starters," Jin continued, "We need Mugwort, it has spiritual properties and I think that's what will really help whatever imbalance is going on in Hobi."

"Henbane is a common binding spell ingredient. It should be easy to find. We also need Mint and a Labradorite crystal. Mint is a basic feel-good herb and the crystal aids in clearing your mind and ridding it of anxiety and doubt. Both of which Hobi had confessed to well before all this went down." Jimin chimed.

"Ok," Namjoon looked thoughtful, "So we use those for the basic spell, but what about the things he used to spell the ink?"

"Yeah that part will be a little tougher," Jin admitted.

"It's also what gave us the hardest problem." Jimin nodded. "The fact that he used such rare and magical things meant it was harder to find things to counter them. We need water that falls under the full moon, the feather of a phoenix, and the scale of a mermaid. Please tell me someone knows where to get these."

Namjoon raised his hand silently, "Actually I can help with the scale of a mermaid. As you know our windows connect with the Black Lake, where the merpeople live. Sometimes they come to the windows and talk to a few of us lucky Slytherin. I'm sure if I explained what was going on, one of the kinder ones might help."

"Ok, well that's one down," Yoongi said, his eyes showing how hard he was thinking. "Water that falls under a full mood, could we just collect water from the rain?"

"As long as it rains on a full moon, it should work." Jin nods. "Ok, so that just leaves a phoenix feather. Anyone friends with one of those?" He tries to laugh but it comes out as a horrible croak.

"The one person who had an affinity with animals and could help us is no longer here." The tears well up in Jimin's eyes once again. Now that they have most of the work done, all those thoughts come flooding back. His friend is really gone. No longer was he going to turn a corner in the castle and see his friends walking towards him, his big smile taking over his face.

"Jiminie," Jungkook starts, "Weren't you both taking Care of Magical Creatures together? If you explained to the professor do you think she might be able to help?"

"I mean it's possible." Jimin wipes his sleeves over his eyes, drying them of the tears that were collecting there. "It's worth a shot at least. We promised Taetae we would do this, so yeah, I'll ask her."

Now that the boys had a mission, they separated. Jin going with Yoongi to his dorm room, needing the closeness the other offered. The other three going to the Slytherin common room, not wanting to waste any time in hopefully speaking to a mermaid.