Confessions

Sitting down to dinner Tae watched everyone carefully, not liking the change he was seeing in most of his friends. He knew why Namjoon was so quiet, but he could tell Seokjin was forcing a happiness he didn't feel. And while that bothered him, it was Hobi that he was truly terrified for. 

There was something... off about Hobi now. Something not quite right, and he couldn't pinpoint what it was. 

Kicking Yoongi under the table, Tae pointedly looked over at Hobi, hoping his hyung would understand. Throughout the rest of dinner, Yoongi made sure to keep an eye on Hobi, noting how odd he seemed. It wasn't that he was changed, as much as it was that he no longer cared that he changed. Before he was upset about how he was, now it was like he could care less about the rotten angry attitude he had. No longer was he the kind smiling boy they once knew, now he was angry - no not even angry, maybe bitter was a better way of describing him. It was like the storms that used to scare him, were now inside of him, agitating and churning, becoming bigger by the minute. Yoongi could see why Tae was scared, he too no longer knew how to look at their friend.

Hobi stood quickly, shoving his chair back and looking from Tae to Yoongi. "I have better things to do than sit here silently while you guys judge me. And don't try to deny it, we all know it's true. I'll be there for the music project, but other than that, leave me the hell alone." It was like the storm finally burst free, anger radiating off him in waves, making Tae flinch away from Hobi even though he was two spots away and on the other side of the table. 

Marching away, Hobi left the others to glance at each other uneasily. "So I wasn't the only one to notice that he seemed off?" Jimin was quiet, but he too had caught on to the odd behavior.

"No Minie, you weren't the only one." Yoongi patted Jimin's hand where it rested next to his plate. "Tae I don't think we can just wait this out, we need to figure out what's going on."

"I think you're right hyung, but to do that, I need to explain some things. Not here though, too many people. Let's go to the music studio after dinner. I don't want anyone overhearing anything they shouldn't."

He gave it a couple of minutes, but it seemed like after Hobi's outburst, everyone had lost their appetites so the six quickly made their way to the soundproof room.

Tae blew out a hard breath. "I don't even know where to begin honestly. There was a lesson we had a couple of weeks ago that struck a chord with me. Afterwards I called my halmoni who explained something I wasn't expecting to hear. Morrigan, Goddess of Fate is my halmoni's eomma." He gave it a minute, letting the words sink into the other boys' brains, closing his eyes when he saw exactly what those words meant finally dawn on their faces.

"Wait that means.."

"Yeah, Yoongi. I'm the Prince of Fate," he gloomily replied. "I'm expected to take over the throne when I turn 25, never to fulfill all the things I want to do. However, there are some, well perks I suppose, to having the powers that I do. One of them being able to feel and absorb what others are feeling. That's a big reason why I was around Hobi when all this started."

"Wait. Absorb? You were what, absorbing his pain?" Jungkook interrupted, curious at what Tae claimed to do.

"In one term yes. I wasn't able to lift some of the pain from him, but today, today was different. There was no light left in him, only darkness. An intense emptiness that I've never felt in anyone else before. It scared me, guys. I don't know what he did, but he did something terrible." Tears gathered in Tae's eyes. "I don't feel my friend inside him anymore."

"Well, I guess if we're sharing secrets.. I'm a genie. Part genie anyways." Jungkook piped up. "And before you ask, no I don't secretly live in a lamp, and I can't grant wishes. Folklore got so many things wrong when it comes to us."

"I'm part Veela." Yoongi was quiet, but they all heard him anyway, and to say they were shocked was an understatement. It was extremely rare for Veela's to be male. It was so rare because male Veela's were infinitely more powerful than the women, and the women were powerful enough to lure men to do crazy things just by the beauty of their voices. "I know I know. Don't worry I have never charmed any of you, well not in a powers sort of way, just using my natural charm." He sent a wink to Jungkook. "But honestly it's why I've always spent so much time alone. I didn't want people to worry that they were around me because I charmed them."

"One of my ancestors was Nissa, the fairy queen who helped Helga Hufflepuff before Hogwarts was even thought of. The only thing that trickled down to me though was being able to feel when others are trying to use their power on me." Jimin quietly voiced.

"Which explains how you felt the power of the female Veela but wasn't charmed by her." Jungkook piped up.

"Yeah. I knew what she was, and what she was trying to do, but it didn't work on me."

"Heh, well I found out recently that I'm a shapeshifter. A wolf to be exact." Namjoon chuckled, recalling the events of that day. "Quite by accident too."

"He's a beautiful wolf, don't let him tell you otherwise," Jungkook said. "Such soft fur too."

Five sets of eyes landed on Jin.

"Oh don't look at me, I'm just a human."

"Hyung, you aren't just anything." Tae reached over, holding Jin's hand. "You are amazing and funny, and I really wish you weren't in as much pain as you're in. Don't let them get to you, you'll always have us."