Those that came before

Yoongi lost himself in the gentle exploration of Jin's plump lips. He'd be lying if he said he hadn't wondered before just how soft they were and was happy to discover they were even plusher than he had imagined. It was Jin's muffled squeal that brought him back to the present, pulling back and staring at Jin's face. His eyes were enormous, opened wide, and glazed with shock. His lips were now glossy and wet from the kiss. His neck, cheeks, and even the very tips of his ears were red in embarrassment. 

"I'm sorry Jin." Somehow Yoongi's normally quiet voice was even fainter than before.

"No, it... I mea.." Jin cleared his throat in an effort to compose himself once again. "It was lovely thank you Yoongi."

"It was lovely thank you Yoongi," Jungkook mimicked before a pillow flew at him, hitting him in the face. "Hey!"

"Don't tease him Kookie." Tae admonished, "I thought it was quite beautiful. A perfect first kiss." Tae's dreamy sigh caught everyone's attention.

"What was your first kiss like Tae?" Jin questioned the younger boy.

"Oh, it was horrible," He chuckled. "Some kids at school were teasing me since I never seemed interested in girls, horrible jokes about how they knew I had never been kissed, or even gone farther than that. Jiminie here overheard them, and in front of the entire crowd, marched right up, dipped me back, and planted one on me."

"Wait!" Jimin objected. "How was that horrible? I'm a fantastic kisser!" 

"Eh, if you say so Jiminie," Tae smirked up at Jimin. "The whole experience was horrendous Jin, the kiss from Yoongi looked much sweeter. You're so lucky."

"It was very sweet." Jin sat there with a soft shy smile on his face.

The rest of the boys watched the two talk, little smiles gracing their faces at the sight of their normally boisterous hyung being all bashful.

"Tae," Namjoon spoke up, breaking the peaceful atmosphere, "do you count Jiminie as your first kiss?"

"Mmm." Tae hummed in thought. "I mean not really. It wasn't a romantic gesture so much as a giant screw you aimed at those kids, so I have to go with no."

The room got quiet, then all you could hear was a scuffle between Namjoon and Jungkook, both of them trying to make their way to Tae while the other pulled and shoved them back. The four remaining boys watching the disturbance in confusion before a loud 'Aha!' was heard as Namjoon successfully made his way to Tae first, leaning down and placing his puffy lips against Tae's, causing the younger to reel back in shock.

"Dude what!" Tae practically shouted. Causing Yoongi to shake his head in disbelief.

"Consent Joonie, consent."

"You didn't ask Jinnie!" Namjoon quickly pointed out.

"No, but I came close and gave him time to pull away before I kissed him. I didn't just accost the poor guy," Yoongi sighed. "Have you learned nothing?"

Namjoon hung his head in shame, scooting back over to his spot next to Jungkook, who also had a look of guilt on his face, for he had practically done the same thing. "I'm sorry Taetae." Namjoon's quiet voice was so tiny it was almost hard to hear.

"It's ok Joonie," Tae whispered, "it just took me by surprise. So I'm still not counting that as my first kiss."

"And that's totally fair Tae," Jin spoke up. "You don't have to claim it if you don't want to. Now can we move on to something happier?" His pinky brushing over Yoongi's before wrapping it around the others.

"Oh Yoongles, what's left in the production process of the song?" Jimin enquired.

"Well, now that all the vocals are recorded, I go in and layer them so all of our voices blend with each other and the instrumentals. Then it's just a matter of making sure everything sounds well enough to share with you guys." Yoongi answered. "For the most part, the rest is quite easy."

"Wait Jin you said you had answer's for us, not just questions." Tae interrupted. "What did you mean by that?"

"Oh shoot I almost forgot. So I was in the library researching for a class and I came across some weird information that could be helpful for Joonie."

"For me?" Joon's eyes widened in shock, "How could it be helpful for me?"

"Well, the whole part shifter part. We have to track our family tree for class, and well considering we both have the same surname, and I am sadly just human, I imagine the information I found pertains to you." Jin explained. "There was a Kim who fell in love with a young man who worked at their farm for a small while as he was traveling through the area. When her mother found out she implored the girls' father to arrange a marriage with the son of a high lord. The lord's son found out about his betrothed loving the traveler and was quite upset. You see he had been spoiled growing up and didn't like when other people messed with things he considered his." The boys sat forward, intrigued by the story Jin was telling them. "During a fight between the lord's son and the traveler over the beautiful girl, she somehow got caught between them and in some way got scratched by the lord. Unbeknownst to them, the lord was a shifter and he had let his claws come out during the fight. Both the girl and the traveler managed to get away, but it was too late, the venom from the claws tip was already making its way through her system, giving her some attributes belonging to a shifter. Since she was scratched and not bitten, however, she never became a full shifter, but the magical aspects of the venom remained, occasionally being passed down through the generations. And since you are the first of your line to come to Hogwarts in generations, it was never triggered before."

Namjoon sat there quietly, processing the story Jin had just told them. "So I'm not a freak?" He murmured to himself quietly.

However, with Jungkook sitting beside him, and with how quiet the room had been, Jungkook heard the softly spoken words. "Hyung! Why would you even think that?" He softly smacked Namjoons arm to gain his attention, "You listen here Joonie. You are perfect. The human you with the sun-glistened skin, and the wolfy you with the softest fur I've ever felt in my life. Every aspect of you is amazing hyung. Good lord, what have we said about the self-depreciative talk in this room? I'm with Yoongles, the next person to talk bad about themselves will be punished somehow."

"For the Goddesses sake, will you lot please stop calling me Yoongles." The shorter man groaned.