Intentions of evil.

Dedicated to minsuga4evr and PurvaV for reading and believing in my work

Tae eyed the small vial carefully, before pulling the stopper out and giving the jar a tiny sniff. The other boys eyed him as he wrote notes on the sheet of paper in front of him, the occasional little noises coming from the studious boy. He continued the inspection of the finely ground powder, oblivious to the chatter behind him. 

"Hey hyung, did you ever turn the demo into the music teacher?" Jungkook questioned.

"Oh yeah, did that last week. He said he would be listening to it, and all the others, and grading them as they came in." Yoongi said, picking up Jin's hand and playing with his fingers. "I figure we should have a grade by next week at the latest. He has to pick apart the music, lyrics, voices, and all that stuff and grade accordingly." He places a small kiss on the back of Jin's hand, smiling at the boy next to him.

"Ugh you two are so cute and sweet I'm literally getting a cavity, please stop." Jimin groaned.

"Yah! Like you have any room to talk." Jin exclaimed, motioning at the fact that Jimin was perched on Namjoons lap, his legs resting over Jungkooks who was curled up against Namjoons side. "Could you three get any more adorable?"

"Could you five get any louder?" Tae huffed. 

"Well I mean we could, but if you can't handle us like this, you definitely don't want to hear those noises." Jimin giggled.

"Oh ew gross Minie." Tae gave a fake gag. He was actually quite happy for his friends, only a tiny bit jealous that he couldn't have the same. But he knew his fate, he knew a life like this wasn't in the cards for him. As badly as he wanted someone to hold hands with, bat his eyes at, someone to LOVE, he knew that wasn't his future. It made him sad, and well quite lonely, but he tapped down the anguish and instead focused on making sure to do everything he could in his future, to make sure his friends had a happy one. 

"Sorry Tae." Namjoon apologized. "Are you making any headway on whatever that stuff is?"

"Well by smell alone I know one of the ingredients is lavender," Tae explained. "It has a distinct odor to it. I'm thinking there is basil in here as well. There's another smell though, one I can't quite figure out. It's driving me crazy." He signed wearily. He had already been working on this for almost three hours, and his nose was starting to sting from the overwhelming mixture of powder. 

"Take a break Tae," Yoongi spoke up. "You've been working on that for a while."

"Yeah hyung, and if I can smell that stuff all the way over here I can't imagine how you are still dealing with it." Jungkook pointed out. "Normally lavender is pleasant, but mixed with whatever else is in here it smells vile."

Corking the vial back up to stop the smell, Tae laid his quill down, making his way over to the group of boys. He stood there a second, trying to figure out where to sit before Yoongi looked up at him, patting his lap. With a big boxy grin, Tae laid down, using Yoongi as a pillow, getting comfy while Jin reached over, combing his fingers through the younger boy's hair. 

"Mmmm that feels good hyungie." The little moan Tae let out sent Jimin into a fit of giggles.

"And you yell at us for sounding perverted." Jimin cutely stated, grinning at his younger friend.

"Shut up, you have two hot ass men petting and kissing on you half the time, let me have this without you making it sound gross." Tae groaned. He had always loved it when his hair was being played with, and Jin did it just right.

"Do you want two hot guys petting and kissing on you Taetae?" Jin asked, a smirk making its way across his face.

"Oh I would love it, but it's not in the stars for me Jinnie." Tae sighed, his eyes closed so the others couldn't see the emotion showing in his eyes. 

"You don't know that Tae," Yoongi said lowly. "You're only 19, you have plenty of time for relationships and love."

Tae sighed loudly, opening his eyes to peer up at the man looking down at him. "No, I don't Yoongles. My future isn't as bright and rosy as it is for you guys. But that's ok. I'll be fine." He shot the man a grin. "We just need to worry about Hobi, that's my main concern right now. Not finding a guy, or two, or three, to spend time with. Besides, I have all of you, who needs boyfriends when I have the greatest group of friends I could ever hope to have."

Leaning down, Yoongi placed a soft kiss on Tae's forehead. "You will have a bright future Tae, I promise."

Watching the two sadly, Jin decided it might be best to change the subject. "So I've been looking at the spell Hobi had written down and man is it bad. The words themselves sound innocent, but there is a sinister undertone to it," Jin shuddered. "If we hadn't seen how he acted, and if Yoongi hadn't told us what Hobi said in the booth, I would think the spell backfired, but it's quite obvious it went how he intended it to." Jin pulled out the sheet of paper the words were written on. "Jimin can you take a look, I think there might be more to this than we think."

Taking the paper from Jin it didn't take long for Jimin to know what Jin meant. The shocked gasp he made let the others know also. "He spelled the ink too. Had I picked this up when we first found it I would have felt it. The reason it feels sinister is because it is. The words themselves mean nothing, but the ink has been spelled so the words have the opposite effect." Jimin looked up at the others. "It's almost like he expected this to be found and didn't want people to catch on to what all this meant. The words, the ingredients, are all innocent. It's the ink that made the spell evil."