Chapter Four

You knew in that moment, as Kylo weaved in and out of traffic on the freeway, there was no amount of 'buckling up' you could do to prepare for the drive back to the city. Though he was completely unphased by his inherently reckless driving, you were trying not to lose your breakfast all over the expensive interior of his exuberantly foreign vehicle. As you looked over to Kylo, you could see the faint hints of a smirk pulling at the corner of his mouth from your reaction.

"You, my friend, are a hazard to society." You stated, tightening your grip on the passenger side safety handle, your knuckles beginning to turn white from the mere grip strength you exerted to keep yourself in the seat. Kylo's smirk grew wider, taking your statement as a challenge, the car gaining momentum on the roadway.

"Oh, Sweetheart," he said, weaving around a rather travel worn eighteen-wheeler at a dangerous speed, "if only you knew..."

You could hear the faint sounds of car horns blaring behind you, more than likely angered drivers making obscene hand gestures and using even more obscene language, Kylo's obnoxious driving having pissed them off immensely. If by some sort of miracle, Kylo's vehicle darted through city streets, taking a few turns at very precarious speeds.

Before you could seem to make sense of the ride back home from the mansion, Kylo pulled up to your apartment building, quickly and silently making his way out of the car and opening the passenger side door. You looked up at him, almost as if silently asking him how he knew where your apartment was, you not having told him before. His deep brown eyes flashed with something unrecognizable, holding out his large hand for you to take.

As soon as you rested your hand in Kylo's, his hand seemed to meld around yours, quickly yanking you out of the passenger seat and into his chest. The tip of his large, strong nose was barely brushing yours, the closeness of your bodies sending your heartbeat into a frenzy. You could feel his breath fan out across your face, the scent of mint enveloping your senses.

Oh, to be pressed into his chest for the remainder of my days..., you thought, a blush rising to tint your cheeks as you carefully twisted out of his hold.

Before you could reach back into the passenger seat and grab your backpack, Kylo leaned around you, stringing one strap around his shoulder, still managing to keep his other hand planted firmly on your hip the entire time.

"I don't mind carrying my own bag into my apartment building, Kylo..." you stated, pulling on backpack strap resting on his shoulder. Kylo's large hand immediately grabbed yours, lacing his large fingers between your dainty one, a chuckle escaping his lips.

"Now, Angel, what kind of gentleman would I be if I didn't carry your bag for you?" he quipped, bringing your hand to his lips, a gentle kiss on the back of your hand sending a shiver down your spine. Your breath seemed to catch in your throat, causing your blush to deepen tenfold. Seeming extremely pleased with himself, Kylo pulled you away from his car and into the drab apartment building.

Quickly being rushed into the quaint elevator by Kylo, you couldn't help but look around to see if anybody was watching, feeling quite guilty for subjecting the people of New York City to the small public displays of affection Kylo seemed almost giddy in tormenting you with. You bit your lip as you pressed the number five button and the 'door close' button, standing within a comfortable silence with Kylo.

"Jesus Christ, this thing is older than fucking dirt..." Kylo said, bouncing up and down, causing the elevator to bounce with him. Attempting to keep on your feet, you gripped onto the railing lining the inside of the elevator.

"Are you fucking insane?! Quit jumping! If this thing breaks and we freefall down the elevator shaft, we're fucked!" you yelled, slapping his shoulder multiple times when he wouldn't stop bouncing. A childish giggle was the last thing you had expected to hear from Kylo as you finished your barrage of slaps.