Chapter Nineteen

(A/N)

Hello, my lovelies! 

I wanted to pop in for just a moment to say how thankful I am for each and every one of you who have been reading my fic! I never thought it would even get up off the ground, let alone get this far! You are all to thank for that! 

Also, I wanted to add some songs that really inspired the dancing portions of this chapter! 

For our dance with Kylo, this song has been all over Tik Tok and I couldn't, for the life of me, get it out of my head while writing! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvgcPAIrEm4 

As for the other dance, I believe it's rather fitting! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkqhjPQekrU&list=PLNnoBE1fMDsRiLxZUbJvyJgXeuIOjbkBB&index=6

As always, thank you for being here and I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it! More to come! 

All my love, 

Hannah 

                                                                                                ...

You were quick to fasten the clasp of your shimmering, ebony chandelier earrings to your earlobes, watching as they reflected light back into the mirror. Twisting a rather finicky strand of hair around the curling wand barrel, your stomach felt as if it was doing somersaults, thinking about the fruits of your labor finally paying off. 

Can't forget about Mister Tall, Pale and Handsome, you thought to yourself, a blush staining your cheeks. 

You secured a portion of your hair up, letting the rest of the curls fall against your shoulders, pulling some of your baby hairs out to frame your face delicately. Just as you were about to apply a light pink nude lipstick, Kaydel burst through the door, causing you to drop the bullet, clutching your chest. 

"Good God, Kay! You nearly scared the piss out of me!" you said, attempting to regulate your stampeding heart. Kaydel, already completely dressed, her dark, pin straight hair slicked back with dramatic smokey eyes, crossed her arms over her chest. 

"I know you are NOT about to put on a basic nude lip..." she said, raising an eyebrow at you. You looked back at the lipstick tube, frowning. 

"What the hell is wrong with a nude lip?" you asked, staring at her, confused. Kay simply shook her head, walking over to your splayed out makeup collection. After some rummaging around, she smirked, plucking out a bright red liquid lipstick tube. 

You looked at her, eyebrow raised. 

"You're not serious, are you?" you asked, biting the skin around your thumb anxiously. 

Kaydel nodded, a brilliant smile plastered on her face as she held out the lipstick to you. 

"Trust me...," she said, emphasizing your name, "you will absolutely turn heads!" 

You contemplated her for a moment, praying that you wouldn't look like a tramp in the eyes of your peers and others attending the gala. Shaking your head, you took the lipstick from her. 

"If this ends badly, I will hunt you down." you mumbled, pointing the end of the tube at her. Kaydel simply rolled her eyes, smiling. 

"But you're not going to because you're going to look fucking HOT!" she yelled, shimmying her shoulders. 

With steady hands, you applied the color to your lips, carefully lining out the shape of your lips with the applicator, nearly stunned into silence as it seemed to intensify your makeup look. As you closed and rested the lipstick tube on the vanity, you could only think about what Kylo would think.