Sneak peak??

Okay this isn't really a chapter. But I decided to give y'all A little sneak peak because why not. I've only written a few chapters of the next book so I don't know when I'm going to post it. I'm thinking of naming it Shadows of Blood and Deceit but I'm not sure yet i might change it I'm really indecisive. Tell me what you think!

Tell me stuff you would like to see in the sequel or stuff you want to know/find out about. PLEASE. IM BEGGING YOU.

I just wanted to say that I FUCKING LOVE YOU GUYS. YALL ARE HILARIOUS YOUR COMMENTS ARE THE BEST.

As always have a wonderful day, take care of yourself and drink water for me please 🖤

Any way here's a little somethin from the next book.

AVARYN

Footsteps rang behind me and I knew that the guards were observing me. I slyly slipped some crystals into my pocket as my other hand made a jab at the small circular package. The city of Arawyn was as alive as ever. People roamed the dark cobblestone streets with drunken smiles on their faces and chaotic shouts from their mouths.

Lanterns hung from alleyways creating a soft glow on the black stone ground. Shops were open and crowded with joyous people making conversation with their neighbors. It still confused me as to why the Greer of this city was so damn happy when their king was the most awful and disgusting creature to ever live.

The sky was a dark charcoal color painted the shade of the sea when it rains. It was well past eleven at night and I had come to know that the sky here always stayed the same color, no matter what time of day or what type of weather.

I could feel eyes on me.

I stopped and started talking to a shop owner pretending to be interested in some fabrics. Maybe now I don't look so suspicious?
I felt a tap on my shoulder and I quickly turned around resisting the urge to grab the person's arm and break it.

It was a street guard.

Great. I smiled softly, seductively. When I get back to the castle I am so going to murder Roz.

I kept my hood safely over my eyes so the guard could only see half of my face. I wasn't sure if he'd recognize me but I wasn't going to take my chances. I whispered in a smooth voice, "do you need something, sir?"

The guard chuckled at my face and even with the shadow of the hood over his eyes, I knew who he was instantly. I could recognize that chuckle anywhere.

A scowl replaced the smile on my face and I immediately took a step away from Raiden.
I should've known. There was only one person who had ever caught me stealing.

Had he followed me?

"Posing as a street guard, Raiden? How low of you," I said.

"Running errands for my dear sister again, Avaryn? How low of you."

"Unlike you, I actually like Roz."

"What has she got you stealing now?"

I decided this conversation wasn't worth my time and turned away from him, striding down the main street looking for one last thing I needed.

I knew Raiden would follow me anyway. And I knew he wasn't going to force me back to the castle. At least not right away.

"If you keep following me, I'm going to stab you."

"Yes, yes, Darling, you'll slit my throat, stab me in my ribs, kill me. We've done this all before, you know."

"Then you know I won't hesitate." Once I reached a certain shop, I searched for the dark purple herbs Roz had described to me. Or had she said they were black?

I could feel Raidens warmth behind me, he was no soft blanket, he was a raging wildfire. It took me a second to remember how to breathe properly. I hated when he got too close. When he got too close my morals seemed to go farther.

"I'm not going to ask where you got that pretty dagger on your waist, Little Thief, but I am going to ask you to hand it over." his breath struck below my ear, leaving goosebumps in its wake.

I turned my head slightly, so we were eye to eye. "What's the point? I'll just steal one again, it's not a logical answer."

Before I turned away I saw the sparkle of amusement and admiration in his night eyes. I spotted the dark purple herbs and slipped them from the shelf and into my pocket. This was too easy. There wasn't even a shop owner around.

I turned out of the shop and made my way back to the alley where the passage was, all while Raiden trailed me.