Chapter twenty seven

I shut the door before they could see Raiden behind me. I didn't know why, they would eventually figure out I was with him, working with him. They all rushed at me, I heard someone squeal, Nyan probably.  It was Eversons arms who wrapped around me first, my vision disappeared in a fit of blonde curls.

"Are you okay?" I heard someone ask.

"Sorin said you were with-"

Suddenly the door opened from behind me and I knew who it was. I could sense him. Feel him.

I watched Bash's face flash with anger. I watched all of their faces turn in anger. But Bash was the first to step up, as he always was. "You. you're the one that took her and stabbed my brother." I stepped in front of him blocking his path to kill Raiden.

"Wait," I whispered, an unknown fear filling me. Fear for who? Bash or Raiden? I wasn't sure. From behind me I could feel the hottest wrath burning like a wildfire, I could feel the rage coming off Raiden in waves. He truly hated them, and he would not last in this room for another second without slaughtering them. Bash looked at me confused. "Just ... wait."

I turned around towards Raiden but he did not look at me, his black glaze was set on Bash, it held not the hintest of emotion in it but I could tell it was there. It was there and it was about to go off like a bomb. I noticed that he had his weapons on, along with his cloak. Great, that was just great. "Can you wait in the hall for like one minute?"

His dark eyes flicked down to me, they narrowed as if he were skeptical and then without a word he turned and strode out of the door.

I turned back to the royal Devara's. They all stared at me with equal confusion. "It is a very long story but I beg you, please do not kill him."

"He kidnapped you," said Nyan, a small glare set to her brow. I dont think I've ever seen her angry.

"And stabbed me! Twice!" Ever cut in.

"Ryn what is going on? Why are you here?" Bash asked calmly but I could tell he was not calm. His emerald eyes said otherwise, he was worried. And skeptical.

"I escaped from the shadow king," I told them."And Raiden helped me."

"Yeah, he was also the one that took you in the first place," I heard Kaida mutter, she looked at me as if I were stupid but then again she always looked at me like that. Her yellow eyes were always glaring in my direction.

"It is a very long story and I will tell you later just please promise me none of you will try to kill him."

It was for their safety. While I don't think Raiden could win against all of them, I do think he would kill some of them in the process and I couldn't have that. Not when I couldn't protect them. He was heartless when it came to these kinds of things. He was a murderer. And I kissed him.

I kissed a murderer.

The royal Devara turned their attention towards Bash who looked at me. His gaze held an answer, he nodded. "Okay. But if he tries anything he's dead."

"What?!" Everson gasped his blue eyes wide. "But he kidnapped Ryn! He tried to kill us when he shot down our jet. He stabbed me twice. How do we know he won't try to kill us all?"

"He won't try anything," I spit lies just as easily as I breathe.

"Don't make any promises on my behalf, Little Thief," a deep voice said from the doorway behind me.

I whipped around to him. He was changed, his attitude had changed, he had become that ominous terrifying version of himself. The one that freaked me out. He had become the deadly killer people knew him to be. I could tell just from the look in his eyes. "You will not kill them." there was a please in my tone. I think.