Chapter 11

The tributes began to roll out and I waved to ours. 

"Smile!" I yelled after them.

 Finnick stepped up next to me. "She's not going to smile."

 I smacked him. 

"It's worth a try." 

Out of the corner of my eye I see a flicker of light. District 12 rolls by us in all of their flaming glory. Their headdresses had been lit on fire, I couldn't take my eyes off of them. Peeta must have seen me out of the corner of his eye because he pointed to his head and waved. 

"Looks like you made a good impression on baker boy." 

"I think I did."

.

.

.

The tribute parade was beautiful, District 12 blew them all out of the water. Cinna was so humble about it too, he was very pleasant to be around. We took him and Portia out to a celebratory dinner where Adrian fangirled about the design and the fire. Cinna just sipped on his drink and nodded while Adrian talked about his dress designs and how many plans he had for my hair. On our way out he stepped next to me on the way back to the tribute center,

 "Your stylist is very chatty." I gave him a smile. "He can be, though I can't say that I've ever seen him so excited." 

Cinna laughed. "He's very talented, did he make this?" he pointed to the dark blue romper I was wearing.

 "He did." 

"Do you mind?" he asked 

"Not at all." 

he took the hem of it between his fingers, 

"It's very well made, the stitches are straight and it's the right weight of fabric." 

"Yeah, I really love his stuff. Everything is so comfy." 

"I do have to say, the dress that you wore in your pre game interview was stunning, as well as the dress from the Capitol ball."

 "You saw that one?" 

"I was there, you looked stunning." 

"Why thank you." 

He gave me a warm smile. "If you ever need a last minute outfit just let me know, it would be an honor to style you."

 "Thank you, but you would have to talk to Adrian about that." 

he laughed "I suppose I would." 

"It would be an honor to be styled by the fabulous Cinna." 

"Thank you. Maybe when my girl on fire wins Adrian and I can do a client swap."

 "Oh those are fighting words." We both laughed and continued our walk.

.

.

.

The days of training flew by, mostly because they were a blur of dinner and lunch dates with potential sponsors. At the end of one of them Chess slid into the booth across from me. He watched the blue skinned lady strut away.

 "Hit or miss?" 

"Big hit, she's sponsoring my tributes." he nodded and flagged down a waitress and ordered a drink.

 "How are your tributes reacting to," He put up his hands in air quotes, "The Girl on Fire." 

I smiled, "Ariel hates her, Casper doesn't have much hope in himself."