ᴛᴇɴ ⑊ ˡⁱˢᵗᵉⁿ ʰᵉʳᵉ

trigger warning: physical, emotional and sexual abuse
please be cautious when reading
there is a summary of the chapter at the end

IRL !

tommy walked past his sisters room with a chuckle as he saw her still asleep in bed. he knew she was streaming last night but he also knew she didn't plan on going as late as she did. he was on his way downstairs because of a persistent knocking on the door. both their parents were out doing the weekly shop, so it was just the two of them at home.

"i'm coming, calm down!" he yelled as he approached the door, while the knocking continued. he unlocked the door and pulled it open, greeted by a disgruntled lucas.

the man quickly put on an obviously forced smile, and nodded to greet him, "tom."

"lucas," tommy didn't offer him the same courtesy of a smile. the boy was not a fan of his sister's boyfriend. he never had been. he was exactly the sort of dickhead that tommy would have avoided in school. except he was ten times worse because he wasn't a school kid. he was an adult. lucas looked down on tommy, but covered it up with half-arsed smiles and small talk. it didn't fool tommy in the slightest. the boy had tried to get on with lucas for his sisters sake, but the man made it extraordinarily difficult. "what are you doing here?" tommy raised an eyebrow.

"woah, someone got up on the wrong side of the bed," lucas chuckled pretentiously, "why do you think i'm here, kid?"

tommy knew he only added the 'kid' as an afterthought, knowing it irritated tommy, as a further way to put the teen below him. unfortunately, it still worked, as much as tommy tried not to let it. he clenched his jaw and narrowed his eyes at lucas, "i'll go get megan." he stepped back from the door and made his way upstairs, while lucas let himself in and closed the door.

the younger boy jogged into megan's room and gently shook her awake, "megs?"

she quickly woke up, rubbing her eyes, "mhmm?"

"were you meant to be spending the day with lucas?" he asked.

"what? no," she grumbled, eyes still closed.

"well, he's downstairs," tommy informed her.

"he's what?" she stiffened, suddenly wide awake.

it didn't go unnoticed by her brother, "yeah, he just knocked on the door and asked for you."

she immediately got out of bed, she smiled softly at him, "thanks, tom."

"no- uh... no problem," he furrowed his eyebrows, puzzled by her shift in behaviour.

she jogged down the stairs in her oversized t-shirt and fluffy socks, pushing her hair out of her face. she was trying not to appear too nervous so she gave him a smile when she saw him, "morning, babe. what're you doing here?" she went to walk past him into the kitchen, pulling her hair up into a messy bun, "you want a cuppa?"

lucas stopped her, taking her raised arms in his hands and raising an eyebrow, "hey, where's my kiss?"

she gave a strained chuckle and appeased him by pressed her lips to his, whilst she finished tying up the bun. as megan pulled away, he moved her arms down to her sides, then tugged her back towards him by the wrists. he kissed her again, holding her against him for longer than she was comfortable with.

when he eventually allowed for them to move apart, megan tried to smile at him. he let go of her wrists and she quickly moved past him to enter the kitchen, "so... that tea?"

"please," lucas nodded, following behind.

she filled up the kettle and turned it on, grabbing a couple mugs from the cupboard. while she went to get the tea bags out the box on the counter, lucas came up behind her and leant his hands either side of her, trapping her in. she paid no attention to him at first, pouring the water into the mugs and pretending she didn't hate being closed in like she was.