ᴛᴡᴏ ⑊ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᶜʰᵉᵉᵏ

IRL !

it turned out that megan should have immediately made her accounts private. not doing so had made things far worse. she'd forgotten that she had a post from a few months back on her instagram of her and wilbur. you see, the two were friends long before tommy met him. they'd met online while surfing through random discord server to troll people. however when they both tried to troll each other a bond was formed. she was eighteen at the time and he was twenty-one, but the slight age-gap didn't bother them. they got on like a house on fire. they started surfing discords together, playing video games with each other, mainly minecraft, and eventually exchanged numbers, figuring that a catfish wouldn't put this much effort into getting someone's number. obviously he wasn't tagged in the picture in question, but posting it to her public account didn't seem like a problem at the time. the chances of any fans finding it were slim and surely they understood that he had friends outside of youtube. however, now that fans knew about her relation to tommy, things seemed to be interpreted differently. it didn't help that she was kissing him on the cheek in the photo.

when she'd first woke up, everything was fine. she hadn't forgotten about what happened the night before, but she felt more at peace with it. it happened; no point stressing over something you can't change. she'd even managed to get the rest of her coursework done without the distraction of her phone.

but shit really hit the fan when she opened up twitter for the first time since she was revealed to the online world, at around lunchtime. her and tommy had made a pact not to look at twitter or instagram until it had been twenty-four hours. neither of them had even looked at their phones. but eventually megan picked hers up when the 'do not disturb' feature was letting through calls from someone in her favourites; wilbur.

PHONE CALL !

wil💛
meg? thank fuck, not
voicemail

megs❤️
hey, sorry, what's
wrong? you sound-

wil💛
stressed? yeah. fans went
back on your feed and found
that picture of us

megs❤️
shit, which one was it?

wil💛
when you came to visit
back in february

megs❤️
god, it's not the one
where i'm-

wil💛
yep, that's the one. and now
i'm getting tweets upon
tweets asking if we're dating.
i didn't know how to handle it,
you normally help me when
the fans are being crazy, and
it's to do with you this time so...

megs❤️
yeah, of course. fuck, wil,
how did things get so fucked?

wil💛
that's life, baby

megs❤️
you did not just say that

wil💛
you bet i did

megs❤️
bloody hell. do you think i
should just post a tweet
explaining? or an instagram
story? or fuck it, both?

wil💛
maybe. it might be the best
course of action since it
doesn't seem like the fans are
gonna calm down any time soon.

megs❤️
I'm gonna go talk to tommy,
get his opinion on all this

wil💛
yeah, you should

megs❤️
ugh, expect a tweet from
me soon, wil. you better like
it, bitch boy