ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ ⑊ ᵈʳᵉᵃᵐ ᵗᵉᵃᵐ

IRL !

tommy knocked on his sister's door before letting himself in.

"hey," she smiled over at him from her bed, pulling the duvet up and patting the the mattress to get him to come sit down.

"hi," he scurried over to her and jumped in beside her.

megan dropped the cover back over him, "what's up, kiddo?"

"nuthin'," he shrugged, "so mcc was good then?"

"yeah, really fun," she grinned, "would've been cool to have teamed with you, but i got so lucky with the team."

"mhmm! i'm jealous you were with tubbo," he frowned.

"still mad you didn't get to be on the same team for his mcc?" megs chuckled, ruffling his hair.

he scowled jokily and nodded, "hey, how come you were late, by the way? i thought you were going to miss it, where were you?"

"oh, uh..." she fiddled with her fingers nervously.

she had to tell him. she had to.

"um, okay, hear me out," megan's shift to this serious tone worried the boy. "i've been talking to... lucas." she paused, waiting to gage his reaction.

tommy paled, "talking?" he squeaked.

"i know, i know what you're thinking," she rushes to say, "but i'm... i'm being careful. he was going through a lot before. w-we talked and we're taking things slow, but i think... we're going to give things another go. i wanted you to know."

he slumped down, "i..." his mouth opened and closed, before eventually just stopping.

"look, i know this is difficult. i know what happened really scared you," megan told him, taking his hand in her's, "it scared me too. but, lucas isn't normally like that. he loves me. and i love him."

i mean, she did technically tell him.

maybe not the complete truth. or... any truth. but what was she supposed to say?

as she said the words, megan felt sick to her stomach. forcing herself to try and believe the words she was saying for so long felt like a hand squeezing her heart and throat at all times.

"b-but he hurt you?" tommy looked up at her with glassy eyes, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"he did," she confirmed, "but he's sorry and he regrets what he did. i'm willing to give him another chance."

she was not willing at all. there was nothing she wanted more than to never have to see lucas again.

tommy's gaze fell back to his hands, fidgeting to hide his concern, "okay."

there was nothing he wanted more than to never see lucas again, never see him anywhere near his sister. but if this was what she wanted, he has to respect that, right? there was nothing he could do.

megan moved to put her arm around her brother and he leant into her instinctively, "it's all alright, toms."

he hesitated before nodding, "just... just be careful. okay?"

"i will," she squeezes him closer to her, "i will."

TWITTER !

megs | friedmeggs
yoooo mcc is pretty
swag, ngl. thanks again
scott for inviting me to
stand in for the captain,
even if tubbo didn't
appreciate it, i did :)