sixteen

The rebel moved his legs as quickly as he could towards the speeder that was parked on the landing platform. Cassian sprinted towards it and jumped into the pilot seat. Lani activated her jetpack and launched into the air before landing in the backseat.

Once K-2 managed to climb into the speeder, Cassian pulled the gear up and sped away from the conference hall. Lani directed him through an alternate route towards the docks where they could avoid many attacks, as she was sure that all of the Imperial Mandalorians now knew that the city had been infiltrated.

Turning the speeder, Cassian piloted the speeder down a quieter route. The pilot could feel the wind flutter past his face as his hair blew in the wind from the speeder's movements.

All was fine until blaster bolts hit the speeder, making Cassian swerve when he glanced over his shoulder at the Imperial Mandalorians flying towards them.

In an instant, Lani took out her blasters and started to fire back at the Imperials while Cassian drove the speeder further and further away from where Kitra was. He knew she was capable, but he knew that Mandalorians were also capable. More so than stormtroopers.

"We need to go back for Kitra." Cassian blurted out, making Lani snap her head in his direction. K-2 also stared at him with a confused gaze. "What? Why?" Lani questioned, barely dodging a blast as she turned her attention back to the Imperials.

"You see how skilled these guys are, she might need our help. We can't leave her there." Cassian answered, making Lani roll her eyes from underneath her helmet. Taking a bomb out from her belt, the Mandalorian girl threw it towards an Imperial and watched as it latched onto them before exploding, giving them time before the next attack force strikes.

"Yes we will." Lani started, making Cassian look at her as if she had confessed to viciously killing a Lothcat. "Kitra is capable on her own. Besides, she has Bo-Katan and the rest of Clan Kryze with her." Lani answered, appearing to be not that bothered that Kitra was left with a couple Imperials.

"How do you know that?" Cassian asked as he steered into another street. Lani let out a sigh, she had only been with the man for five minutes and he's already annoying her. How the shab Kitra manages to put up with this guy she has no idea.

Lani turned to face Cassian. "I know because I've been friends with Kitra for ten years. I know that girl better than she knows herself. I know she can pull through." Lani stated, turning her attention towards the view behind her, keeping watch for any approaching threats. "I know she's capable, but those Imperials are ruthless, unlike regular stormtroopers." Cassian argued.

From her first impression of the man, Lani already gathered that the man was incredibly stubborn. Already knowing that Kitra can be a very difficult and stubborn individual, she guessed that whenever the two had disagreements it must be very petty and dramatic; the kind of thing Lani would want to watch, just for entertainment.

"Well of course they're not like regular stormtroopers, they're kriffing Mandalorians. Even so, Kitra will be fine. She has Kryze and Kenobi blood running through her." Lani answered, as Cassian glanced back at her for a second.

"And what is that supposed to mean?" Cassian asked. Lani looked at Cassian before focusing her attention on the view behind the speeder, where she saw a couple Imperial Mandalorians flying towards them.

"It means she's strong and too stubborn to die." Lani answered before aiming her blasters at the Imperials again.

Glancing around the room, Kitra waited before moving her saber upwards and dodging another blast that came her way. All attention was on her, particularly because she was a Jedi and they were Imperials, thinking they could gain something from turning her in to Vader.