twenty one

Kitra quickly ducked as his red blade swung above her. In an instant, she was back on her feet, blocking the attacks from the man.

He walked towards her, making her step backwards as they battled. She had to quickly move her saber from different angles in order to defend herself against his double bladed lightsaber.

They continued to duel, until Kitra felt a stronger draft of wind brush against her face, making her hairs blow about her face gently. Not a second later, did Kitra block another attack as the red and blue blades made contact in a crossed position, making a sizzling noise.

Kitra slowly moved her head to the side and glanced about her surroundings, noticing that she was close to the edge of the abyss. Taking in a deep breath, she looked back at the man as she kept her balance.

She looked at him. From his grey skin and orange eyes, to his black armor with the Imperial symbol printed onto both of his shoulders. She also acknowledged his lightsaber, how the double blade had a circular hilt. Kitra looked him in the eye, "You're one of Vader's Inquisitors, aren't you?" Kitra questioned, watching as a sinister smile spread across his face.

"I am. I have been assigned personally by Vader to eliminate you." The Inquisitor grinned, making Kitra's eyes harden. She couldn't defend herself forever, she needed to fight back. Sending the Inquisitor a glare through the rays that emitted from the connected lightsaber blades, Kitra pushed her blade against his before using her other hand to force push him away; and giving her a few seconds to move away from the edge of the cliff. The man grunted as he held his saber by his side in a invasive manner, making Kitra swing her saber around as she paced a few times before planting her feet into a fighting position.

In an instant, Kitra ran towards him and smashed her lightsaber blade against his, pushing all of her strength and power against his own. For a moment, the Inquisitor felt slightly overwhelmed from the amount of power that the girl had just taken out onto him, before his once surprised face morphed into a sinister grin as he pushed back. Kitra stumbled a few steps back before she ran back towards him and leapt into the air, flipping over him and letting her lightsaber slice against his shoulder before landing behind him.

The Inquisitor let out a groan as his hand went to his shoulder, to look at the scorch mark that burned through his armor to his skin. The man looked from his shoulder, back to Kitra and returned to a ready position. "Lord Vader was right, you are powerful. You would have made a good Inquisitor." the man spoke, making Kitra frown slightly as she swirled her saber around her wrist.

"I appreciate that, but I'd prefer to not spend the rest of my days failing to catch mice." Kitra retaliated, as she spun her saber into a reverse grip in front of her. The Inquisitor growled at her before his lightsaber started to spin.

He walked towards her with his spinning blades, making Kitra move her grip as she started to block the many attacks. The girl moved around the man and walked backwards, down the dark hallways that were illuminated by the two lightsabers.

Looking over, Kitra noticed a door on the side of the hallway and quickly moved towards it, opening it by punching the access pad beside it. The door swooshed open, revealing a large hallway that many other Imperial bases have.

The Inquisitor walked with a predatory stride towards Kitra and continued to slam his saber down at her, which she managed to block by mustering up all of her strength. The spinning stopped, and he continued to use both blades, aiming high and then low, making Kitra act quickly on her instincts and move her saber to both heights as quickly as she could. It was at a time like this that Kitra wished she had another lightsaber.

Both Kitra and the Inquisitor brought their blades back before they slammed together and met in the middle, making the blades sizzle together as sparks spat from the intersection.