one

The stars that dotted the galaxy stretched past the cockpit window, as the blue portal of hyperspace carried the ship at a high speed across the stars. Many would look up at the stars in wonder and fascination, while others may scowl and show their distaste for the burning balls of gas.

As beautiful as they were, they held a danger. Like many things in the galaxy. Where there's beauty, there is also pain. That is a lesson that many people learn across the galaxy, as many had endured the hardships of the Empire, when it replaced the once remorseful and cooperative Republic.

The pilot sat in their seat, staring out into the blue void as they reflected on the life that they had been thrown into from a young age. No one willingly joins a fight that could get them killed the next day, but it is a sacrifice many people have to make if they want to restore the galaxy into its once peaceful ways.

"Go over the plan again, I still don't understand the logic." A voice asked, drawing the pilot out of their trance, as they looked over at the droid who sat to their left. The pilot let out a sigh.

"We go to Centares and locate the cantina, find the supplier and find the map to go to Barseg. When we get there, we find the information chip and bring it back to Mothma. Do you understand now?" The pilot explained, giving the KX series droid an annoyed look for disturbing him. 

The droid stayed silent, but Cassian could tell that they were contemplating over their next reply. "I do not think this is a good idea. The likelihood of the mission failing is incredibly high." The droid shared, making the pilot roll his eyes. Why he had to get stuck with a mouthy security droid, he had no idea. Why it has a terrible attitude after being reprogrammed, Cassian guessed fate had it in for him to suffer from aggravation.

As Cassian thought of multiple insults to throw towards the droid, the monitors in front of him started to beep as the ship started to near the exit of the hyperspace tunnel. The pilot looked at the screens, as the scanners displayed the status of the planet that they were going to visit.

The ship shot out of hyperspace, making the blue scope of stars disappear as it was replaced with a grey planet. A few scans beeped, drawing Cassian's attention as he analyzed the new data. "Looks like there's some heavy storms. The landing is going to be interesting, that's for sure." Cassian mused, looking over at his droid companion whose metallic face gave him a displeased look.

The ship entered the stormy atmosphere, as the high winds rocked the ship. Many life forms were picked up on the scanners while they flew through the thick clouds. As they neared the exit of the clouds, a loud screech called from outside the ship as a winged creature flew past the ship, making the K-2 droid jolt and mutter a curse.

After flying through the grey skies for a few minutes, Cassian spotted the castle where the cantina was. He steered the ship and landed it on top of a nearby cliff, which over-looked the valleys below. The pilot flicked multiple switches, powering off the engines and other electrical devices which powered the ship before standing up from his seat and exiting the ship, onto the rocky terrain.

The pair walked down the rocky terrain towards the old castle which loomed over them. The pilot looked over at his droid companion with a concerned expression. "Remember, this place could be full of Imperial spies. If anyone finds out we're here for the Rebellion, the Empire will come after us. So keep a low profile." Cassian ordered, giving K-2 a serious look, who returned it with an offended one.

"Do you think I'm going to jeopardize the mission? I'll have you know that out of the two of us, you're the one people will be suspicious of. You're extremely tense, the probability of people suspecting you're--"