twenty eight

Cassian was confused. He could not understand why Kitra seemed so defensive about the unconscious clone, as he had heard many stories about their battles from the clone wars. "What's wrong with that?" Cassian asked, frowning slightly.

Kitra pulled out her twin blasters from her holsters, making the muscles in Cassian's body tense up as he watched her movements. He could not predict her intentions, and her current emotions didn't help with her unpredictability.

The girl stepped around the clone's body, as she parked herself against the door frame by the exit of the cell with both of her blasters tightly secured in her hands as if she were ready to shoot anything at any given moment. "They're unreliable." Kitra replied, shifting uncomfortably in her position.

Cassian's eyebrows twitched together as he tried to make sense of her words. "Unreliable? isn't that a bit harsh?" Cassian asked. Kitra's attention suddenly darted towards the body that started to twitch and stir as the clone drifted closer to consciousness. "The galaxy is harsh. You should know that." Kitra answered, holding no emotion or remorse in her words.

Her statement took Cassian by surprise, as he did not expect the girl to act so relentlessly in her words. His attention drifted away from the stubborn girl towards the old man in front of him. The man started to groan as his head moved from side to side, before his eyes shot open and he sat up.

Cassian rushed to his side, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Hey, hey, it's alright. You're with us now, we're taking you back to the Rebellion." Cassian comforted, bringing the clone out of his defensive stance, as he gazed at Cassian with an unsure glance.

From the corner of his eye, Cassian noticed that Kitra had both of her blasters aimed towards the clone, making the man curse to himself. The rebel pilot ignored her immaturity to avoid complicating the current situation, as he kept his focus on the clone. "You got the message then." The clone stated, his rough voice spoke through a strong accent.

Cassian slowly nodded, "Everyone else is on my ship. We'll be taking you home, CC-3636." Cassian answered, as he started to stand up, helping the clone up with him. The old man stumbled a bit as he got used to his footing on the unstable prison floor. The pain from the torture droid still resided in his body, making standing up a harder task for him. "There's no need for that, kid. Call me Wolffe." The clone spoke, slapping a hand on Cassian's shoulder.

The sudden slap made Kitra jerk her blasters in the direction of Wolffe's head, as she aimed carefully, watching his every move. Cassian was still aware of Kitra's antics and continued to ignore her, as he continued to support Wolffe onto his own two feet. "Wolffe...well I'm Cassian Andor." Cassian introduced, earning a small nod from the clone, who then slowly turned around to look at Kitra.

"Woah, kid. No need to be all defensive, I'm not going to kill you." Wolffe stated, giving a small chuckle. Cassian peered towards Kitra and from the dark glint in her eye, it seemed clear to Cassian that the girl did not find his joke funny.

Cassian met her gaze and held his hands out, signalling for her to lower her weapons. Kitra's eyes glazed over with hesitance, communicating her distrust, before the girl slowly gave in. Moving slowly, Kitra moved her gaze and kept her eyes on the clone, watching his movements as she stepped away and lowered her blasters.

"This is my partn--companion, Kitra..." Cassian started, making the girl meet his gaze, as Cassian looked at her with an understanding glint in his eyes. "...Kryze." Cassian finished, making Kitra let out a breath as she moved her gaze back to the clone.

Kitra was somewhat surprised that Cassian remembered the name of her Mandalorian heritage, but she was somewhat, if not very, thankful that he decided to use that name instead of her other one. Kitra was certain that Cassian did not know why she did not trust the clone, so she was glad he did not risk turning the situation into a messy confrontation by using her father's name.