nine

Letting out a frustrated sigh, Cassian walked out of the debriefing room with an aggravated step. The rebel stopped in his tracks once he walked into the large hanger and glanced to the side, spotting his droid companion.

K-2 walked over to him and observed him for a second, "I'm guessing that went well." K-2 stated, earning an annoyed glare from Cassian before he moved his glance away from his droid, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Turns out there's another part of the key card, we only got half. In order to access all of the information, we need to get the other part." Cassian shared, clearly annoyed that they nearly died trying to get the other half from earlier, only to find out that they need to risk their lives again.

"Convenient." K-2 expressed, his robotic voice hinting at a sarcastic tone. Cassian looked around the hanger, searching for the brunette dressed in black. The rebel Captain frowned when he started to struggle in his search.

Cassian glanced to his side, where K-2 stood looking around aimlessly. "Where's she gone?" Cassian asked, gaining K-2's attention, who tilted his head to the side before looking out towards the hanger.

Before K-2 could respond, the sound of metallic footsteps stopped beside him. Cassian looked to his side and saw Organa's golden protocol droid standing beside him with an expectant stance. "Can I help you?" Cassian asked, clearly running out of patience. He had encountered the golden droid before and found the chatter box excruciating, and at a time like this, where Kitra was missing, he really did not want to deal with the droid.

"Captain Andor, I believe I have a message for you, from Kitra Kenobi." The droid announced, jolting Cassian's attention. The droid's mention of Kitra's full name made Cassian glance around his surroundings in hope that no one was listening in. When he was certain that no one heard Kitra's second name, Cassian turned his attention back to the protocol droid. "Well? What is it?" Cassian asked, running out of patience.

The droid shifted around on his feet, repositioning his stiff arms before turning his full attention towards Cassian. "She says that she feels betrayed that you would use her as bait for the Empire after she told you that they are hunting her kind down and that she has more important things to do, instead of playing cat and mouse with sleazy bucket heads. She also said to not come looking for her and she will only return if she deems it necessary." The droid said, making Cassian's eyes widen in realisation that Kitra had heard him in the briefing.

"She also told me to do this." The droid continued before moving his arms up and shifting his fingers around so his middle fingers were pointing up, facing Cassian. "..I don't really know what it means, but she said you would understand it." The droid finished.

Cassian stared at the droid that was flipping him off. He waved his hand at the droid, signalling for the droid to put his arms down which it did obediently. "I understand." Cassian answered, which the droid replied with a nod before waddling off.

Before Cassian could do anything else, the roar of an engine echoed through the hanger, drawing Cassian's attention to an X-Wing. Cassian ran over to the opening of the hanger and watched as the X-Wing's thrusters burst to life before shooting into the sky, soaring out of the planet's atmosphere.

Cassian was speechless. She was gone, specifically in a rebel fighter which would definitely be needed in combat. Turning around, he came face-to-face with General Organa who was looking up at the sky with a peaceful expression.

"She took an X-Wing. Who let her take one?" Cassian asked, somewhat beside himself that she stole such a precious ship. The calm expression that morphed across the General's face did not please Cassian. "I let her, Captain." Organa answered, surprising Cassian.