thirty six

The sky had darkened into a deep blue hue, as the pollution of sand within the atmosphere casted an orange haze across the skyline. The setting sun sent a pink blemish across the spreading blue sky.

The group of insurgents had grouped together in a small cave, as the sun started to set into the darkness. Although there was a shared urgency and desperation within the group to leave the planet and get to Christophsis, Mute had informed the group on the many dangers of the night on Mokivj.

There were many sand wolves and snakes that roamed the dunes, that were known to defeat battalions of people. Which deterred the group from their midnight travels. As well as the fact that within the darkness of night, nothing would be seen, and they did not want to use their torches to guide their travels and risk becoming prey to the dangers of the desert.

Having lived on Tatooine for a few years, Kitra could understand the reasoning; as she had come across some rather peculiar creatures during the night.

Kitra sat on a rock, beside Cassian who observed the stars overhead. Despite being a desert planet, they had a great view of the constellations. Kitra paid no attention towards the scenery, as her eyes were trained onto the fire which burned in front of her.

Sat opposite the two, were Mute and Rex. While Mute scrolled through various files on his data pad; Rex observed Kitra. He noticed how she had many battle scars that covered her face and neck, and took into consideration that those were the only parts of her skin that were visible to him. He quickly gathered that as a Jedi, she must have faced a lot of conflict.

He could not help but notice the scar that ran through her eyebrow, brimming her blue eyes. A mark which instantly reminded Rex of one of his closest friends. His Jedi. Someone he had not heard anyone speak of in years, as he had accepted that his General perished under the might of his brothers.

"Those droids were quite a surprise back there. I had come across Separatist droids recently, but I never thought I'd see them in a factory like this." Rex expressed, in an attempt to start a conversation. Cassian drew his attention away from the stars, as he observed the old clone. "I've never crossed them before. I must admit, they were harder to defeat than what the stories told." Cassian admitted, after hearing many tales on the cross wired and panic-driven droids.

Rex chuckled as he thought of the many battles he had endured against the droids. "They had never been an easy opposition, though having a Jedi on your side always made things easier." Rex admitted, as he thought back to various battles where the Jedi would lead the attacks.

Kitra kept her eyes on the flames, as Cassian peered down at her. Something was wrong. Even though the girl was usually moody, she would always perk up after a few hours. Today was different, she seemed down. As if she were incredibly deep in thought.

The Jedi sat within her thoughts, attempting to tune out the surrounding conversation. Rex mentioning the Jedi of the past drew attention towards her presence, which she tried to ignore as she wished to relieve herself from the conversation; though decided against her plans, in an attempt to avoid any further awkwardness.

Mute looked at the distant girl with curious eyes. He had never come across the Jedi before, he had heard of the stories but never thought they were real, he thought of them to be warriors told through stories to tell children before they went to sleep. But regardless of his beliefs, he had heard whispers of threats within the galaxy, as the life they knew were entirely different to 20 years ago, where there were many Generals flying towards different corners of the galaxy.

The man observed Kitra, who's lightsabers hung in a more visible position than before. She had stopped caring, refusing to hide her weapons for any longer.