Preliminaries

*Changbins POV
"Pack everything you need. Then head out to the bus and get on. We'll arrive at the stadium in an hour. Got it?" Jake says.

We mumble a 'yes sir' and got ready for the ride.

We were all feeling a bit uneasy. This was the first day of the preliminaries. And the third day of Chan and I dating.

We haven't told anyone yet. And I've been dying to just tell the guys.

"Anything happen with you and Chan?" Hyunjin asks.

"Oh yeah! Spill!" Jisung chimes in.

I pack my volleyball shoes and other things in my duffel bag. Making sure my lunch won't spill.

"Nothing happened." I lie. Biting my tongue back to not say anything.

"Boo!" Both boys chant at me.

"Come on guys. Give him a break. He did turn down Sam not long ago." Seungmin says coming to my defense.

"Exactly! Thank you Minnie!" I say.

"But there should've been something that happened." Jeongin pipes in.

"Yeah. Like maybe you fell asleep on him and he confessed his love while you were passed out." Felix adds.

Well it happened but not in that order.

"Come on guys! Bus is here!" Chan exclaims as he comes into the club room. Grabbing his own things.

We exit the room and get on the bus. Chatting and laughing among us.

"Okay! So, have you and Sam texted since what happened?" Jisung asks as he was facing us in his seat.

Minho holding him so the boy wouldn't fall back if we come to a stop.

"What happened between you and Sam?" Chan asks me as he looks my way.

My eyes widen as I look at Jisung. The boys eyes also wide as he stares back at me.

"Nice job Jisung. You had one job! One!" Felix shouts.

"Ahahaaa,,,I think Minho is calling for me. Yes the love of my life!" Jisung exclaims as he turns back around.

Chan continues to look at me. My focus on anything else but him.

"Binnie. What happened?" He asks.

"Oh you know. The usual. A friend liking another friend. That said friend rejecting and yeah." I mumble out fast.

"Huh!? Sam told you that he liked you! When?!" He exclaims.

"Hmm uhh today's Monday. Let's see, yesterday was Sunday and then we hanged out on Saturday. So Friday." I answer.

"Friday?! Friday?! And I asked you out on Saturday!" He shouts.

"Wait what?!" The other boys exclaim.

"It's was too early to ask you out! You had just rejected a man the day before and then got with me!" He cries out.

"Chan! Relax! He understood that I didn't like him. And he was okay with it!" I say and trying to lower his voice.

"So something did happen on Sat!" Felix and Jisung shout.

"Why would you lie?! To us?!" Jeongin pretends to cry.

"You didn't tell them?! Why?" Chan cries out as well.

"This bus ride wasn't what I was hoping for..." I mumble.
——
"Okay. Get dressed and stretched. Head to the court and start practicing what you need. Our game starts in 30." Jake informs us as he leave us in the locker room.

We take off our joggers and jackets. Our uniforms already underneath it.

We head out to the court. The stadium huge, two courts in the middle. One court already being used.

The bleachers being filled and watching in awe and fascination.

"And one!" Chan exclaims as he leads us during the stretches.

"I feel sick..." Jisung whispers.

"Don't think too much of it. Just another practice game. And we always win on those." I say trying to ease him.

"Expect during training camp." Hyunjin mumbles.

"Don't make it any worse!" I whisper shout.

Jisung already looking more green.

"Ignore Hyunjin. He's just nervous about being blocked." Seungmin says back.

"Hey! Guys, please focus!" Chan shouts as we continue the stretches.

We finish the last few sets and then got on the court.

Working on our serves and spikes. Some receives here and there.

"Line up!" Jake says.

We get lined up in front of him. This was it. The big moment.

"This is our first day of preliminaries. Don't get to stressed and overworked. Listen to each other and watch one another. Stay calm and breath."

We nod at his words. The advice really helping us even before the game.

We then line up on the court and get ready for the game.

Chan, Minho and I in the back. Hyunjin, Jisung and Felix in the front.

The other team starting the serve. The whistle blows and the team serves.

"Got it!" I say as I prepare myself to get the ball.

But the object curved midair.

"Minho, get it!" Chan calls out for the other.

Minho was close to missing it. Barely getting the ball high enough.

"Cover!" He shouts as he gets up from the ground.

"Hyunjin." Chan sets the ball for the younger. The prince spiking the ball, barely getting passed the blockers.

The other team shouting out commands and what not as they bring the ball back to our court.

Hyunjin, Jisung and Felix blocked their ace. The ball slamming against their hands and landing back on their court.

We got the first point of the game.
——
"Thank you for the game!"

We had just finished the first game of the day. And won by just a landslide.

"I can't wait to eat." Felix whines out as we get packed up and leaving the court.

"Remember not to eat to heavy. We have another game soon." Chan says as we head to the bleachers.

We sit on the bleachers. Watching the other teams play.

"They're all good. I'm scared." I say as one team spikes the ball with such force and intensity.

"You're arms going to break trying to receive that ball!" Chan exclaims as the libero of the other team fell back trying to get the ball.

"I don't want to play against them." I mumble as I eat my lunch.

I feel a pat on my back. I look over to my right, Seungmin next to me and a smile on his face

"You'll be fine hyung! You're an amazing libero." He compliments me.

I nod and smile back. "Thanks. I won't let you down."

"Hey what about me? I compliment you almost all the time!" Chan pouts out.

Me and the others laughing at him and his pout.

I put my hand on his shoulder. "Thank you Chan. I won't let you down either."

He smiles and ruffles my damp hair.

"You can never let me down."