Preliminaries Pt.2

A/N yo this story is stretching too long. I promise it's coming to an end. Idk when though. 🐴 so keep enjoying these long chapters!
——
*Changbins POV
The second game of the day begins. It was already evening.

And there was more people entering the stadium. More schools coming in and playing on the other court.

Our game was halfway through. It was intense and harder than the last schools we've played.

"Changbin!" Chan exclaims as the ball exits out the court.

I run as fast as I could. I needed to reach it. I can't let it touch the ground.

I can't let the team down.

I can't let Chan down.

I slide on the ground as the ball starts to drop. My arm stretched out, hand into a fist.

The ball hits the top of my fist. I use as much force to hit it up and back to the court.

"Cover!" I shout in hope they'll be able to make use of it.

My body screaming to stop and take a break. But I couldn't. No matter how much it was hurting I had to keep playing.

Minho got the second hit. Passing it to Hyunjin, who got the last hit.

Hitting the ball to the other teams court. They got into their positions and worked their way through.

The ball getting hit two times. The last hit being spiked.

It was so strong that it went straight through the blockers arms.

I run towards it and receive it. I ended up to close to it. The ball ended up going to the left instead of upwards.

Shit. This wasn't going well.

"Chan! Open!" Minho exclaims.

He was on the left side of the court. The ball going in Chan's direction, it was a bit low.

But Chan made it work, he bent his legs forward and squatted down a bit. Doing a back and overhead set.

The ball going to Minho. The elder jumping and spiking the ball before the blockers had time to block.

Earning us a point.

We gave quick cheers and compliments before going back to the game.

Our atmosphere much different then when we all just hang out during the weekends. 

The air was thicker. Our minds and bodies calm. Even though we were all tired and worn out.

"One more point!" Chan exclaims.

Just one more.
——
"Thank you for the game!" We shout. Heading out the court and to the locker room to get changed.

"Well, that wasn't fun." Felix whines out as we change out of our dirty and smelly uniforms.

"Not one bit. But hey, we made it." Chan smiles tiredly.

Yeah, we're the protagonist of this story. Of course we're going to win.

We were undressing and playing around. Even though we were all tired.

But it was a way to celebrate our greatest win.

"Today was our first day. We still have this whole week. So let's keep the wins coming." Chan states. His voice a bit raspy from all the yelling and shouts.

We finish getting changed into more comfortable clothes. Which was a new clean shirt, joggers and our jackets.

We get packed and head out to the bus. Getting on and riding back to our school.

We all fell asleep. Bodies regaining energy and soon the soreness will be coming into play.

"Rise and shine everyone!" Jake exclaims as we reach the school. The lights on the bus turning on brightly.

We all groan and wake up. Sleep still in our bodies.

"4 more days guys. You won today, let's keep it up. You all worked hard and did an amazing job." Jake starts his mini speech.

I can see Jisung was asleep while sitting up.

"Eat well. Drink plenty of water and electrolytes. And get plenty of rest. See you all tomorrow." He finishes and we all start to get off the bus.

All of us waving and mumbling our goodbyes before driving on home.

Chan stayed the night at my place. Not wanting to and I quote, "drive all the way home. And get out of the car and open the door and go all the way to my room."

(Btw, I didn't mention this in the story but both Chan and Changbins parents know about them dating.)

So we were laying in my bed. Chan already sleeping peacefully.

His arms wrapped loosely around my torso. Face buried into the crook of my neck.

I soon fell asleep. No longer able to stay awake.
——
"Changbin....Changbin~....Changbin!"

I jolt awake and look around my eyes meeting Chan's as he was hovering over me.

I groan and swat his face away. Turning on my side and going back to sleep.

"Oh no no! Come on, get up. We're going to be late." Chan spoke as he pulls the covers off of me.

"Ughhhh nooooooo!" I whine and curl myself up.

"Yesssd! Come on, go shower. You smell like sweat." Chan complains as he pulls me up and drags me to the bathroom.

"It's your smell. You were all over me last night." I point out.

"Not the point. Go on and get ready. I'll pack your things."

He shuts the door close and leaves me alone in the bathroom.

I sigh and turn on the shower. Getting undressed and entering the warm water.

Washing away all the dirt and sweat from yesterday away.

I get out and dry myself off. Then seeing I had no clothes in here with me.

Before I was about to call for Chan, he opens the door a bit. His arm only coming in and holding a pile of clean clothes.

My uniform from yesterday all washed up and dried. I grab it and thank him. He gives me a thumbs up and closes the door again.

I had such a lovely and caring boyfriend.