Finals

A/N going straight to the Finals baebe! 🐝
——
*Changbins POV
"I think I'm going to be sick." Jisung groans out.

We were currently practicing and getting set for our next and final game.

We had made it to the finals and were playing strong. This was the last game of the season.

Currently, the stadium was much bigger then when we played preliminaries.

There was more people. More courts. It was loud and noisy.

"Don't worry hyung! We can do this!" Jeongin says happily.

"That's easy for you to say." Jisung mumbles as he holds his stomach.

"If you're seriously not feeling well, I'll switch you out with Jeongin." Chan comments.

The younger of the group suddenly went pale.

"Aha uh no no! Jisung is feeling better. Right hyung?" He laughs out nervously.

"You guys are being babies. It's just a few more people and schools. Nothing else." Minho says.

"Line up!" Jake shouts.

"You feeling up to it?" Chan asks Jisung.

The younger nodding and swallowing a bit.

"Take deep breaths." I assure him.

He nods and does so. "I'll be fine."

We get lined up and ready for the game. Our team takes the serve first.

Chan serving first.

A loud smack being heard throughout the huge stadium and the ball going over the net.

It seemed to have so much force and velocity that their libero couldn't even get it.

The ball just bounced off his forearms and in the total opposite direction of where he wanted it to go.

We watch as the team struggled with the ball.

Not having enough hits to set and spike it. So the ball just ended up coming our way.

"Got it!" I say as I get the ball up in the air.

Chan in his setters position and Minho and Hyunjin on either side of him.

But Chan didn't set to either of them. He did a setters dump.

The one I was so impressed the first time I saw it.

We got the first point of the set. 24 more to go.
——
"I can't do this anymore." I pant out.

We were on our second set. And both teams were tied up.

There's no way one of us can get the set point.

Jake called for a time out. Wanting to go over a plan and for us to take a quick short break.

Chan pats my back. The uniform sticking onto my sweaty and hot skin.

"Yes you can. It's finals. The important game of the year." He says trying to comfort me.

"I want the rest of you going in for in an attack. Changbin will set to Minho. Do you think you can handle that Changbin?" Jake asks me.

I have never done a set. I'm a libero for crying out loud!

"Uh I umm. I guess. But I'm not allowed to cross the line so how can I do that?" I ask dumbfounded.

"Before reaching the line, jump over it and set. It's okay if you land on the other side. By then you'll have already set the ball." Jake tells me.