chapter 5 ∞ party invite

Nova

"Can you help me with #11? I don't get this shit who the fuck is John Hanco—" Willow's voice suddenly stops as she dramatically raises her eyebrows towards the camera of her phone, "Cock. Hehe."

I let out a snicker and go on to correct her, "You're such a child. He was one of the old dead people that signed the Independence of Declaration—" I stutter over the last few words and look back down to my paper. And before I have time to fix it, I'm too late.

"THE INDEPENDENCE OF HAHAHA—" She bursts out laughing as her screech echoes throughout my room from my phone.

"Shut up, shut up, shut up, Declaration of Independence! Fuck you give me a break!" I laugh along with her as I jot down the correct answer onto my piece of paper.

Willow giggled again, "Never go into law for the sake of society."

"Noted."

A sudden ding comes from her end of the screen as she grabs her phone while my phone turns light gray with the word paused.

"Oh shit. Oh shit YES!" She shouts with clear excitement in her voice as she asks, "Did you get Ayra's text?"

Another ding from my phone fills my ears and the notification pops up on my screen. It's from our snapchat groupchat I have with Willow, Syrena, and Ayra.

Grabbing my phone from the box of tissues it was propped up on, I tap on the chat to find:

senior party to celebrate our last years of high school this weekend at tyler kingston's house. 10 pm till whenever. be there.

"We're going. No questions, no buts, no ifs—" Willow starts but I ignore her and start typing in the chat for more details.

me: ayra who's this from?

ayra: alex sent it to me just now and said i could invite whoever. do you guys wanna go or no?

syrena: OFC WE'RE GOING ARE YOU KIDDING

willow: tyler's hot and he's mad rich too no doubt about it, we are attending girls!

me: i really don't want to. ayra do u wanna stay home w me

ayra: yeah i'd prefer that

syrena: both of you are going!! come on it's been months since we've gone we gotta

willow: agreed with syrena rhiley. mrs. rhiley, i've got ur back.

me: i disagree with my colleague's argument. i'm not going.

ayra: actually it might be a good thing for nova. to get her mind off of things

syrena: BRILLIANT AYRA USE THAT BRAIN OF YOURS!!

me: oh now i'm suddenly invisible

willow: okay then it's settled. we're going, tell ur bf ay-ray