chapter 16 ∞ interrogation

Nova

Noah and I ignore Jackson for the entirety of the remaining class period which seemed to drag on for the longest time. Partly because Jackson didn't say anything for the remainder. He just sat at his laptop playing the snake game on Google which I thought was absolutely hilarious. I wanted to slam the laptop screen onto his hands till I saw blood.

I sent him dirty glares and looks the entire time, trying to release my anger in some way possible that wasn't directed towards anyone else but him. Yet, he acted like everyone around him was completely invisible. Not to mention, his eyes looked dead the entire time he still sat next to me. Our thighs were no longer touching but he was a good couple inches away.

Meanwhile, Noah and I had a good time cracking jokes next to him as we finished up the first part of the project. It was a good way of revenge in a way because of the fact that I knew he hated seeing us laughing together. Or he hated Noah laughing.

The moment the bell rang, Jackson got up and left. Disappeared within seconds. He had already packed up his bag a good five minutes beforehand as he walked across the classroom to talk to one of his numerous friends. Noah helped me pack my bag while people started filing out of the room.

"I recommend you ignore him. The shit that comes out of his mouth doesn't matter." He reassures me as we both stand up to leave.

I nod, "I know. Thanks for sticking up for me."

"Of course. I'll see you tomorrow. Shoot me a text if you ever need anything, seriously." 

"I will, that goes for you too."

Noah smiles, then leaves the classroom first. I walk over to the counter by the windows and put the textbook I had grabbed, back into its original place. I wave and tell the sub to have a great weekend before finally heading out.

But a hand grabs me.

"What in the—"

I already know who it is the moment his palm touches the skin on my wrist again. This isn't the first time I've been dragged around like a rag doll.

"What is wrong with you?! Let go you're a fucking psychopath!" I shout. But he's led me into the deserted hallway in the back of the school. Only the janitors come here occasionally to clean but it's known as the couples corridor because of how frequently students come here to make out. It nearly always has one person here but it's empty this time. 

"Jackson what are you doing, can we just stand and civilly talk—"

As soon as we reach a ridge in the wall that shields the view from outside the hallway, he slams me against the surface. I nearly yelp in fear but my backpack acts as a shield between the wall and my spine.

"Jesus fuck, be quiet." He hisses, his hands on my shoulders.

"I don't want to be anywhere near you right now. And I have to drive Willow home." I say but quickly stop once his eyes meet mine.

I can't explain how I felt during these next moments because it all came crashing at the same time. His eyes drift down again and back up to my eyes. I try to squeeze out of his grip, but they just tighten on my arms.

"I have a knife in the left pocket of my jacket."

My eyes might have bulged out of their sockets at that point in time. I wanted to run but Jack just smiles at how terrified I must look.

"You leave, I'll cut the exact same scar I have into your eyebrow. You stay, I'll give you a chance to run after I'm done talking." 

I can't focus. My vision seems blurry and my throat has done completely dry and hoarse. Jackson has this enchanting look in his eyes and anyone would have called me crazy for thinking it was attractive.