chapter 27 ∞ orion's belt

Nova

As soon as he kissed me, I saw the same stars that were in the sky, right beneath my eyelids.

And his lips are just how I expected them to be. Full, lush, soft, and demanding. He tilts his head farther right and presses himself close, slipping his right arm out from under me and flipping himself on top.

His hands lay flat next to either side of my head in the grass, and I'm almost compelled to draw him even closer. My free hands drift up around his neck, pulling the back of it down as his lips does wonders. I've kissed a good amount of guys, but him — this might just be a separate category.

As I draw him down, Jack comes onto his elbows instead of his hands, using his fingers to brush my hair away behind my ears. My own fingers tangle into his unrealistically soft, tousled hair, and my ring finger passes by cold metal around his neck.

His chain.

I get an idea when it's completely erased from my mind when he groans into my mouth, one hand moving down to my waist. Shit that was hot. His kissing becomes more eager when he feels fine react against his chest, smiling into yet another deeper kiss.

My fingers trace down the silver chain around his neck, pulling out from under his white shirt. I noticed it before, but it didn't seem so important when there was so many other features about him to gawk at.

Grasping the end of it dangling down, I pull with a little bit of force and his tongue brushes past my bottom lip.

I find myself pulling him down harder with it as I feel something in the lower region of his body. Jack's chain is released from my fingers and we both pull back to catch our breathes.

"Why'd you stop?" He whispers against my neck in a deep, raspy voice.

"Stop what?" My chest is moving up and down, up and down, without any control.

"With my chain."

"Thought I might break it."

He leans down to leave a kiss on my cheek, then my jaw, and finally dipping down to the side of my throat.

"That's fine." I can literally feel him smirk against my neck. The hand by my hair comes to hold my jaw, turning my face to look him in the eyes.

He kisses me again quickly this time, and it makes my hands come down to his chest. It feels so strong under my palms — in fact, he was holding himself up with the very few leverage he had with the ground so he couldn't crush me under his heavy weight.

"You're cool with me breaking your chain?" I run a hand down to his abs. My god he was built like a greek god and I don't say this lightly.

He smirks at me, the hand on my jaw slowly coming down to my neck.

"I'll buy another," he says, "Just for you to break again."

"Really?" I challenge him.

He looks me up and down, "I'm loaded sweetheart." His response surprises me. But before I can process more, two fingers press on one side of my throat, his thumb on the other as he applies very light pressure.

"You okay with this?" He asks suddenly, realizing he hadn't gotten my consent. But I quickly answer with pleasure.

"More than okay."

He smiles, and I'm the first to connect our lips this time. My breath shifts as he uses his hand wrapped around my neck to make me kiss him harder, but slower. His entire aura radiated with lust.