chapter 26 ∞ when stars explode

Nova

I don't know how to respond to him after that.

Partly because his clever words were playing tricks with my head. Partly because that sly smirk of his finally reappeared on his face.

"You want sweats?"

I nod.

"Sure."

And he proceeds to undress his pants in front of me. I'm too stunned to say anything so I stand there frozen, like I had looked into the eyes of Medusa.

But how could I not stare? He was wearing dark navy blue calvin klein briefs that stopped by his upper thighs and I nearly forgot how to breathe. And christ have mercy, he's not anywhere near small in the... you know. Area. Just as he slides the sweatpants off his feet, he looks up at me and that damn dimple creases into his left cheek.

Haha. Rail me.

He had that piece of dark clothing in his hand the entire time and when he unfolds it I realize they were athletic shorts. Another pair of his basketball shorts I'm assuming. He puts them on and keeps his eyes on me the whole time. Finally standing back up, he walks to me and hands me the sweatpants he was wearing just now.

"Here you are," he says to me in a raspy voice. I instantly take them from his hands and furrow my eyebrows at him.

He seems to get the hint.

"Oh, you want me to leave?" He points his thumb to the other side of the car.

For some reason my fucked up brain took that as a challenge. As if I've never dressed in front of a guy before. It's not like I'm naked.

So I shake my head and gained some courage I had leftover. I place my hand onto his warm chest and push him backwards, pointing at the edge of the trunk, "Just sit there."

His facial expressions don't change. Instead he tucks his hands in his pockets and walks back until he reaches the car. I start to slip on the sweatpants as he reaches his hands behind him and leans on them, watching my every move.

"Do you have a shirt in the trunk too?"

"Course I do."

I shove my own hands into the pockets of the sweats that had already gotten warm from his body heat.

I ask, "Do you plan on staying shirtless?"

"I dunno." Something glistens in his eyes.

"You want me to?"

I open my mouth and then shut it. I can't say that out loud.

"You like me like this, don't you?" I can see his eyes flicker, the smirk still plastered in place.

Oh how I love a man who's good with his words. I find myself smiling at his response and of course, he's one to notice.

"I love when you smile." His voice is deep and rings in my ears as I repeat that phrase in my head over and over again. Shit.

"Put on a shirt," I say, trying to conceal the happiness he brought to me.

"Alright."

Unfortunately.

He turns to grab a white shirt from a bin that I'm assuming he's been pulling all these articles of clothing from. As he's doing that, I pull the waistband of the sweatpants up once again. They're large on me, but I don't mind at all. It was his, so it didn't really matter. And I got lucky my towel and the wind in the car as it's helped with drying off my bikini pretty fast.