iii

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

Throwing your lanyard over your head you opened the door to your apartment only to be meant with the grey eyes of your favorite neighbor and his lanky ass boyfriend.

"Oh! Good Morning Kurapika!" You smiled. "Leorio." You nodded in his direction, him doing the same in return. Things have been awkward between you too since that one time you caught him squealing like a little girl in the mailroom when he got what you supposed to be an adult onesie.

You weren't one to judge but you could never see him the same again.

"Good Morning Y/N, where are you off to?" Kurapika spoke with his usual smooth tone.

"Just going to get groceries, the fridge is empty." You chuckled.

"That's a coincidence! So are we, you could come along with us if you'd like." Leorio offered, which you agreed to with a fond smile.

The three of you walked to the elevator that was down the hall, engaged in light conversation. You weren't as close with them as you were with the gremlins but you honestly enjoyed their company. They were a chill couple that had the cutest dynamic.

You rode the elevator to the lobby and as the doors slid open slowly you instantly got an intense headache. Gon and Killua were currently chasing each other around the lobby for lord knows what.

Though they were still fresh out of high school and heading into college in the fall you still expected them to have at least a little self-control and common sense.

You glanced over to the woman manning the receptionist desk and stifled the laugh that began bubbling in your chest. The poor wrinkly old woman just sat smiling at the two boys though you could clearly see she was seconds away from cardiac arrest.

"I give you two exactly five seconds to get your act together before shit starts getting ugly," Kurapika stated calmly.

Never in a million years did you think the boys would listen to someone without even a hint of sass or sarcasm. You looked down at Kurapika (because you're taller than him) in shock then to Leorio who just smirked triumphantly. A 'that's my baby' look sparkling in his eyes.