vii

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

head tilted upward as you listened to the crunching sound of the snow under your boots as you walked to work. the snow fell from the black sky in tiny flakes, being pushed and twirled by the howling wind. it was quiet, of course, it always was but something about tonight was different. 

you could hear no distant ambulance, no helicopter flying overhead, and no aggressive honking from far-off cars. the roads were clear of all but the snow that gently landed atop itself. 

the cold air rushing past your face made you quicken your pace all the more but inhaling the frigid air brought you a sense of comfort. 

'i hate and love the cold all at the same time' 

walking into the building you weren't surprised when you found Khara wasn't there. you shrugged off your coat, stuffed it into your locker as usual, and sat at the front counter, feet atop the cashier shaking ever so lightly. the music that danced itself into your ears echoed in your empty mind. 

surprisingly your mind was empty, no racing thoughts, no forgotten memory to dwell upon. just silence, eerie silence. 

if felt like an eternity before something, anything besides the headphones shoved in your ear made a sound. you flinched hearing your phone vibrate on the counter beside you. 

the notification from feitan made you smile. it wasn't unusual for him to text you while at work, you needed the entertainment and when he wasn't committing felonies he had a pretty dull life.

chat between 'starcrossed lovers'

tiny man 😈
i'm coming over to the mcdonalds
you at work

y/n
yeah I'm here
istg it's so boring 😐

tiny man 😈
don't worry I'll be right there
*deleted*
i'm omw, I got a surprise