viii

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

the cold breeze hit your face as you stepped out of the car. the hill you guys now sat atop overlooked the city that now seemed so small, just long silhouettes with twinkles of golden light shining off of them. you looked around, finding the forest that was on either side of the empty field unsettling but not making much note of it.

feitan had asked you to stay towards the front of the car 'while he got things ready'. you were of course even more skeptical than before but the beautiful view before you and the wind that pushed itself past your many layers of clothes and into your bones made you both shiver and smile.

letting your mind wander as you waited for feitan to finish whatever he was doing an idea struck you. pulling out your phone then squinting at it brightness in the dark night that surrounded you, you quickly sent your location to the people you trusted the most in the area.

"if I don't text by 10 am come to this location and find my body. if you can't find it tell feitan to just man up and confess to murdering me 🙄"

the text understandably got concerned replies within the minute it was sent. kurapika, being the quick thinker he was asked all the necessary questions and added a quick 'be safe' at the end. killua asked which tv he could take if you did end up dying and you couldn't resist the snicker that fell from your lips.

it was what you expected of him but you appreciated the 'don't fucking die, gon would be sad'. you knew what it was code for but didn't say anything, he really was a big sweetheart under the whole brat facade.

the only person that really surprised you was Shizuku. you would have expected a 'omg don't die!' or a 'what? u ok?' shit even a 'who is this?' but no, not even a hint of sadness or concern. this bitch really hit you with the 'can i have your clothes? they might not fit me but they're cute so I'll find something to do with them'

naturally, your response was fuck off and you weren't surprised when she left you on opened. you scoffed and shoved your phone back into your pocket. the sound of crunching grass made you look only to see feitan walking over. hands in his pockets as usual, but the lower half of his face was visible for once.