iv

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

You casually walked into the cold night air, letting it freeze your lungs as you breathe in deep. The night sky filled with city lights so bright you can barely see the stars. You never really have seen the stars in all their glory before. Maybe little white dots here and there but most of the time they turned out to be planes. You never got the hype around the stars honestly.

Fidgeting with the knife attached to your keychain you walked to a rhythm.

step, step, step, tippy-toe. step, step, step, tippy-toe.

Looking up at the flickering street lights you signed, slightly delighted with the fog that left your mouth when doing so and walked up to the building.

"Finally!" Khana practically yelled, clearly exasperated.

"What are you talking about I'm-" you looked at the time on your phone "ten minutes early!"

"Yeah well-"

"Don't start." You cut her off, clearly not in the mood to deal with her shit. It's always like this, complaining about this job and begging you to come early so you can do her shift. It pisses you off cause when you tell her that you'll do it but she has to give you half her salary and she starts bitching.

She's a nice girl just too bougie for where she apparently 'choose' to live. Anyone who heard that would scoff, you don't just choose to live here. The amount of gang shit that goes down in this whole state, in general, is crazy so this neighborhood is defiantly not a first, second, or even twentieth choice.

"Fine whatever." The annoyance in her tone was evident but you couldn't care less. Khana slung her bag across her chest and disappeared into the night, not to be seen until tomorrow.

All the tables were clean, the floors didn't look clean but they weren't stained with soda like usual so that meant no one came in today because the day Khana cleans up after her shift is the day the ground opens up, and giants walkout.