Chapter 7.

When my alarm clock went off, I was surprisingly wide awake, even after returning at six in the morning. I rolled out of bed and hopped into some clothes, then grabbed my stuff and walked out into the kitchen. The guys were all sitting around sitting on coffee or eating food, only one noticed me and just gave me a subtle head nod. I was glad for the silence though as it let me go through my thoughts, something I hardly ever wanted to do. After returning home this morning though, I had a lot to think about. 

I felt lighter this morning, but heavier at the same time. It was beginning to straighten out my thoughts, but making them even more tangled. It was like my mind was a paradox, and it was giving me a headache.

After eating a quick bite, I grabbed my phone and headed out of the room. My splitting headache wasn’t putting me in the mood to take the stairs, so as I entered the elevator that was at the top floor for once, I leaned against the wall and decided to look at my phone. When I unlocked it, I saw a couple missed calls and a few messages from Isla. 

My eyes went wide when I saw them and only one thought was going through my head. 

~

When I got to her dorm, I realized I didn’t know what floor or room she was in. I thought about asking someone, but the chances of anyone even knowing who I was talking about were not good. I sighed and walked in after someone left, squeezing past the door and heading towards the dorm councilor.

I knocked on their room and waited, and waited, and waited. When they finally opened the door, I was greeted with a tired faced brunette. She smiled up at me through her hooded eyes and asked what I needed. When I mentioned not knowing where a certain student was and wondering where I could find them, I was lucky when she ended up knowing who I was asking about. 

I got the directions to her room, then started on my way, going up a couple floors and then walking down the hall till I got to the right room. I raised my fist to knock, then froze mid air, not knowing if she was awake, or if she even wanted to talk to me since I left her at the party last night.

Then the un-expected happened, as I went to knock again, the door opened on its own. My eyes went wide and I took a step back, only to be greater by bright red hair and familiar bright eyes.

“Oh, Archer. You okay?” Isla asked, a furrow in her brows.

“Am.. Am I okay?” I asked confused. “I think… You?” 

“Yeah… I’m good.” She sighed, then looked behind her when someone voiced something from inside the room. “So, you left last night.” She mumbled, her cheeks going red.

“Sorry.” I blurted out. Then squeezed my eyes shut. “I had to take a… friend, back home.” 

“Friend?” she chuckled, catching me off guard and making my eyes snap open.

“Not really, but I knew her.” I shrugged. “She passed out, sick.” 

“Oh my gosh, is she okay? what happened?” Isla said, coming out into the hallway and shutting the door behind her. I looked at her shocked.

“Food poisoning.” 

“But is she okay? Did she have to go to the hospital?” she asked, moving her red hair out of her face. It was up in a messy bun, but there was pieces falling out over her eyes as she looked up at me. 

“Mild. She should have slept it off.” I said kind of distracted. I had left Isla at the party, and she was more worried about the girl I took back to her room than the fact that I had up and left her without a word. I didn’t even answer her phone calls or texts. It puzzled me, but it also made me want to smile.