Chapter 5.

Could I do it? Could I try for one night to actually make it mean something? To make myself enjoy the company of someone else like a meaningful date, rather than just a distraction. Maybe. I thought to myself as I pictured the blushing red head from the other night. She was sweet, she was cute, she was shy and still kind of outgoing… But could I bring myself to where this would be an actual date?

Pushing all those thoughts aside, I jumped into the shower to get ready. Tonight as going to be the night I tested myself, make myself have fun and converse, not just listen to them talk while I roamed my thoughts. Tonight, I wasn’t going to let a girl kiss me just because it took my mind off of painful memories.

As the water washed down and over me, I faced straight up into the shower head, letting it just obtain my focus. It was relaxing. Only flashes of memories could get through in here, but the water would let me be free of them. I knew that as soon I stepped out of the shower, I would either go back on my choice to try out this date, or on some off chance, maybe I would be able to push through this and get it done. 

After another three minutes, I shut the water off and ran my hands through my hair, pushing the wet brown strands of hair out of my face. After grabbing my towel, I wrapped it around my waist and stepped towards the mirrors and finished drying off. 

When my body stopped dripping, I went ahead and started to head back towards my room. When I looked up though, there was a note on the inside of that door.

Tooook yuur clothess.

It said in very sloppy handwriting.  Shaking my head, I went to my room across the hall to grab the clothes from my drawer instead, but when I opened them, there was nothing. My eyes widened at the find and I quickly went over to my small closet instead, only to find a not on the inside of that door as well, written in the same hand writing. 

Lefft them withh the front dessk…

I sighed and closed my eyes. Why would anyone decided to take all my clothes? I didn’t have to search long because as I stepped into the hallway, a certain smell caught my attention, but before I knew exactly what it was. I tripped over it. I looked down where my feet just got caught, then over towards the couch and rolled my eyes. Empty beer bottles, at least two packs worth, and a half empty bottle of jack, were littering the living room floor and furniture. I started to reach down for the left over bottle that was still half full, just so I could hide it, but then the front door started to open. 

I quickly swung around and saw one of my roommates entering the room. Their blond head of hair came through the door first, then they peaked their face around the door. I raised an eyebrow at them as he chuckled to himself with a slight slur, but then his eyes caught mine and widened.

“Crap.” He muttered, then darted beck out the door, slamming it behind him. 

“He’s dead… They’re all dead.” I muttered under my breath, then started towards the door.

Upon stepping through the door though, I ran flat smack into somebody. One of my arms shot out and wrapped around their small waist, keeping them on their feet. 

“Oh, my gosh. I’m so s-sorry.” She squeaked, stuttering once here eyes met my bare chest. I started to chuckle, but it got stuck in my throat as I finally looked at her. More specifically, her hair. Then she looked up and her green eyes met mine.  I pushed harder, my heart rate skyrocketing along with the adrenaline, making my legs go faster and I reached her just as she stopped in the middle of the road… Her green orbs trapped mine, still smiling with joy- “Archer. oh, it’s you.” her voice pulled me back.