A Hard Day's night

The game

The game. They say either a person has what it takes to play, or they don't. My mother was one of the greats. Me, on the other hand...I'm kinda screwed.

Ophelia wakes up to an alarm clock blaring in her ear, she lets out a tired groan. Swinging her arm around she attempts to shut it off but freezes when a grumble of pain is heard instead of the usual silence.

Shooting up from her previous position in the bed she scans around the room that she knows isn't hers when it all comes back to her.

Meredith telling her she left the bar early right when she had arrived, deciding to stay and seeing her best friends brother, five drinks later and here she was. Laying in his oddly comfy bed with no clothes on.

She hesitates to turn her around, afraid of what she might see. Yet she does anyways knowing it's inevitable. Although she knew it was coming she couldn't help but yelp and jump out of bed as quickly as possible, taking the sheets with her.

"Ophelia?" Charlie lets out a loud yawn as he slowly sits up against his head board.

Ignoring him she begins frantically searching around for her clothes and letting out a frustrated curse as she comes up short handed.

"Are you looking for these?" He questions with an underlining tone of amusement.

Looking at him her eyes immediately zero in on her black lace underwear completely torn in half, she stares at him in disbelief as he holds them high in the air with a smug smirk gracing his handsome face.

She immediately shakes her head at herself for having those thoughts. Her eyes drift towards the nightstand and her eyes nearly bulge out of her sockets at the time. "I'm going to be late!" She yells before taking a moment to take a deep breath.

Ignoring the fact that Charlie was still simply staring at her with a crooked smirk she formulates a plan. "Okay you know what, I know Meredith has clothes here. So I am going to go take the quickest shower of my life while you get ready. Then I'll ride with you to the hospital because my car is still at Joe's." She establishes, feeling quite proud of herself for coming up with a plan in such a short amount of time.

When Charlie doesn't make any attempt to move she glares at him in annoyance. "Let's go!" She loudly claps and he simply rolls his eyes and slowly crawls out of bed.

She has to stop herself from gawking at his torso and naked body as he stretches his arms above his head shamelessly. "I think I need a shower too." He hums as he eyes her from top to bottom.

In a small burst of anger she throws the pillow closest to her at his head, completely missing but he throws his hands up in mock surrender anyways and does as she had said.

No less than twenty minutes later they sat in Charlie's 2005 Grey Tahoe.

"Okay we have to establish some rules." Ophelia firmly states, turning her body towards Charlie who held a curious expression at her declaration.