Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head

[Season 2; Epsisode 1]

Ophelia sits on a bar stool next to Meredith, taking shots in support of her best friend's mental health. Her phone buzzes on the counter and she huffs, hitting the mute button for the fourth time that night.

"The last time someone was declining calls it turned out to be his wife." Meredith humorlessly jokes.

Nope, not my wife. Just your annoying brother." She rolls her eyes.

Raising a shot glass in the air Meredith cheers. "To mcdreamy with a Mcwife and my Mcbrother who didn't tell me."

To be a good surgeon, you have to think like a surgeon. Emotions are messy. Tuck them neatly away and step into a clean, sterile room where the procedure is simple. Cut, suture and close.

Joe, the bartender, wipes the counter with a rag while eyeing Meredith curiously. "You look familiar. You been here before?"

Meredith nods. "Once. That worked out really well."

Joe quietly chuckles. "I know that look. It'll be one of two things. Either your boss is giving you hell or your boyfriend is. Which is it?"

"Both." She deadpans and Ophelia stifles her laugh.

But sometimes, you're faced with a cut that won't heal.

"My boyfriend is my boss, which was a problem. But not as big a problem as the fact that my boyfriend has a wife." She informs the bartender.

Joe winces, refilling both of their shot glasses with tequila. "Tell you what, this one, it's on the house."

A cut that rips it's stitches wide open.

"All hail the champ!" Joe shouts as Cristina and George walk into the bar.

"So, my guy Alex finally got what was coming to him." Joe muses.

Cristina nods excitedly. "George knocked him down in one punch. You should've seen it."

"Boo!" Ophelia pouts. "Why didn't you wait for me to be there."

George shyly looks down. "I don't want to talk about it!"

"Brag, champ, brag. You've earned it." Joe shakes his head. Instead of replying George simply asks for a beer.

"Let's play a game of whose life sucks the most. I'll win. I always win." Meredith raises her beer in the air.

Cristina shakes her head immediately. "No, you don't want to play with me."