Save Me

[Season 1; Episode 8]

Know how when you were a kid and you believed in fairy tales?

Ophelia stares at herself in the mirror as she brushes her hair in the early morning.

That fantasy of what your life would be. White dress, Prince Charming, Who'd carry you away to a castle on a hill. You'd lie in bed at night and close your eyes, and you had complete and utter faith.

Sighing to herself she decides to just throw it into a messy bun. She was tossing and turning all night, unable to get Charlie's harsh words out of her mind. Maybe that's just how life goes, instead of going through tough time with hopes of finally reaching happiness, you're given temporary happiness while you wait for hell to rain down.

Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming, they were so close, you could taste them.

Ophelia walks down the stairs and hears izzie talking about ingredients to the desserts she had been up making all night, too tired to engage in conversation she pulls a mug out of the Cupboard and heads straight for the coffee pot.

"What happened to you?" Izzie curiously questions as her and George worriedly eye the bags under her eyes.

She holds up her pointer finger, bringing the mug up to her mouth to take a long gulp of the straight black coffee. After a few seconds she pulls it away and sighs in happiness. "I was up studying one of Baileys upcoming surgeries." She lies.

But eventually, you grow up. One day you open your eyes, and the fairy tale disappears.

Izzie nods, seemingly believing her before she goes back to ranting about a missing ingredient. Meanwhile Ophelia stares blankly at her phone. One of the last messages Charlie had sent her before his attitude took a complete 360 was a picture of her cuddled up to his chest as she slept.

Honestly, she didn't know why she was missing him so much, or why her heart hurt. they had done this many times through out the years. The first time they had met when Meredith had asked her to join along her and her brothers small road trip to visit Ellis. Surprising, right?

Something about this time just felt different though.

Most people turn to the things and people they can trust.

Derek and Meredith enter the kitchen and Ophelia slams her phone onto the counter, assuring herself no one had seen the photo she was staring at.

The couple send her odd glances but continue on with their mornings nonetheless. "Good morning."

George perks up gesturing towards the counter filled with baked goods. "Hey. You guys want a cupcake? Ophelia?"