If Tomorrow Never Comes

A couple hundred years ago, Benjamin Franklin shared with the world the secret of his success

A couple hundred years ago, Benjamin Franklin shared with the world the secret of his success. "Never leave that till tomorrow," he said, "which you can do today."

Ophelia stares outside of Charlie's large apartment window as she lays in his arms. His soft snores were weirdly soothing for her this early in the morning.

This is the man who discovered electricity. You'd think more of us would listen to what he had to say.

She traces her fingertips gently across his prominent stubble and smiles when he gently opens his eyes.

I don't know why we put things off, but if I had to guess, I'd say it has a lot to do with fear. Fear of failure, fear of pain, fear of rejection.

"We should get ready." Charlie mutters. He pushes Ophelia's hand away and goes into his closet with out another word leaving her confused and a bit hurt.

Sometimes, the fear is just of making a decision.

Ophelia and Charlie sit in tense silence the whole car ride to the hospital.

Because, what if you're wrong? What if you're making a mistake you can't undo?

Getting out of the awkward tension in the car as soon as he puts the car in park she notices Meredith jumping out of her own. Meredith sends her a confused glance when she notices her getting out of her brothers car.

"Should I even ask?" Meredith raises an amused brow.

Shaking her head she says. "Please don't."

Meredith abruptly stops making Ophelia stop with her confused. Looking up she notices Derek standing in their path.

"Crap." Meredith mumbles.

"Crap?" Derek muses.

"Hi. I'm late." She says.

"You're avoiding me." He accuses.

"Yes, but also late." She says, Ophelia looks between the two confused, wondering what had happened.

"Ok, are we going to talk about this?" He stresses. At the same time Charlie walks up to his friend not looking in Ophelia's direction at all.

"No." Meredith narrows her eyes as she looks between him and her brother.

"About us and Bailey and what she saw?" He questions. Ophelia becomes even more confused at this point.

"I don't need to talk about it. I experienced it, naked." Meredith says once she realized by her brothers unaffected appearance that he had already known.

"This is getting complicated." Derek nods.

"Complicated for me. I'm the intern sleeping with the attending. Bailey isn't speaking to me anymore." She angrily says.