chapter 4: representatives of chaos

"I'm a homicidal maniac. They look just like everyone else."

— Wednesday Addams (The Addams Family Movie)

-----

    "Oh, hello Tokoyami-san!" Momo greets cheerfully when Fumikage and Chiyo enter the classroom. Chiyo smiles brightly and waves at the black haired teenager.

  "Hello! How are you?" Chiyo asks, skipping over to Momo.

  "I am doing wonderful. How are you?"

  "Good! I had hoped to talk with you before school begins," Chiyo states, taking out her phone.

  "What would you like to talk about, Tokoyami-san?" Momo asks curiously while Chiyo jumps up to sit on top of her desk.

  "I am curious if you watch any kind of dramas," Chiyo says, making Momo brighten up.

  "Oh, do you mean theatre performances and operas? I haven't gone to any in quite a while, but they are always so wonderful!" Momo exclaims, making Chiyo blink.

  "I was talking about television dramas, but I love theatre too! I haven't attended an opera yet, but I have heard recordings and they sound so beautiful!" The goth girl exclaims. "Which is your favorite genre? I personally love gothic dramas and horrors."

  "I am a fan of the gothic genre, but my favorite are tragicomedies," Momo answers, smiling brightly.

  "Fumi-chan loves those too! His favorites are horrors and tragedies though," Chiyo exclaims, pointing at the unsuspecting Fumikage. He glances over at the mention of him and waves before going back to his book.

  Chiyo gasps lightly and moves forward to grab Momo's hands. "We should go to a play sometime! I'd love to go with another person knowledgeable in theatre."

  "I-I'd love to!" Momo states, blushing lightly at the hand contact. Chiyo grins brightly while Grimoire twirls around in her head.

  "New friend! We need to go light things on fire with her!" Grimoire trills loudly, making Chiyo wince slightly.

  "I don't think she's a pyromaniac like you are, Grim," Chiyo says with an internal eye roll.

  "Ah, apologies. It's a new thing for me to being conversed with," Chiyo states, quickly letting go of Momo's hands.

  "It is alright, Tokoyami-san. I was just surprised is all," Momo giggles, cheeks still tinted pink. Chiyo giggles and waves her hand in dismissal.

  "Call me Chiyo. It will be confusing with Fumi-chan in the same class."

  "Ooh! Shiny things! We can go hunt for shiny things with her!" Grimoire suggests excitedly, humming with energy. Chiyo rolls her eyes in amusement, not answering her Quirk.

-----

    "Midoriya-kun, how is your arm? I remember you broke it, again, yesterday," Chiyo asks jogging to walk with Midoriya Izuku, a boy with curly green hair, bright green eyes, and fair freckled skin.

  "O-oh, It's–It's all healed up!" Izuku says, keeping his gaze away. "I–I'm fine!"

  Chiyo giggles before glancing around the loud Classroom. "What's your history with Bakugō-kun? Your fight with him during the combat training a few days ago was incredibly heated."

  "Oh, it's nothing! Really–I–you have nothing to worry about!" He stutters out, waving his hands rapidly. Chiyo narrows her eyes at him, pupils dilating and contracting. Izuku blinks in surprise before averting his gaze again.