chapter 13: stygian raven

"But to die as lovers may–to die together, so that they may live together."

— J. Sheridan La Fanu

-----

    Chiyo doodles on her whiteboard, tiredly waiting for her turn. Truthfully, she didn't want to do this, but she can't mope around all day. She traces the large decayed scar on her arm and sighs.

  "Tokoyami-san! It's your turn!" Chiyo looks up and sees Midnight staring at her. A pink flush covers her cheeks as she slowly sits up, grabbing her whiteboard. Chiyo silently walks up and stands before the podium. She reveals her name, eyes downcast and a forced smile on her face.

  "Ancient Greece and its mythology is one of my favorite historical time periods to study. So, I went with this..." Chiyo trails off quietly. Shadow Hero: Stygian Raven was written on the whiteboard.

  "Academic! It suits you too!" Midnight compliments with a grin. "A bit mysterious too."

  Chiyo smiles slightly at the compliment before she nods her head. She quickly leaves the podium and hugs the whiteboard close to her chest. She wants to sleep.

  "Chiyo..." Fumikage speaks up quietly. The black haired teenager stops by his desk and faces him. He gives her a small head tilt, making Chiyo smile softly. She nods her head and pats his shoulder before continuing towards her desk.

  "Alright! Those who needed to work on their names, come up in the first order with your new names!" Chiyo slides into her seat and rests her head in her arms. She was so tired...

-----

    "...yo..." Chiyo feels herself slowly become aware, something gently shaking her shoulder. "Chiyo."

  Chiyo snaps her head up, her talons gripping around the hand that was shaking her. She looks around with wide eyes before focusing on the person who had woken her up. Her face flushes a bright red and she quickly releases the hand.

  "S-sorry, Shōto-kun... I didn't–I apologize..." Chiyo rubs her face and quickly stands up. She grabs her backpack and rushes out of the classroom.

  "Wait–Chiyo!" Shōto shouts after her, but Chiyo ignores it.

  "I'm so stupid. How could I fall asleep? And I just made myself look so idiotic..." Chiyo furiously rubs the tears threatening to fall. She sniffs loudly and races into the bathroom.

  "Chi... let's burn something!" Grimoire appears and twirls around the corvid girl. Chiyo sniffs again and goes into one of the bathroom stalls. She closes the door and slides down to the floor.

  "I'm not in the mood, Grim..." Chiyo's voice breaks at the end as she furiously rubs her eyes. Gods, her emotions are all over the place.

  "This is so stupid! Why am I–"

  Chiyo sniffs and tries to wipe away the tears as they fell. They started to fall faster than she could wipe them away, making her growl in frustration.

  "Chi... Oda's stupid. We should kill him. Make us both feel better," Grimoire states with a nod. Chiyo laughs through her tears, quickly turning into sobs. Grimoire makes a small noise of surprise and wraps his shadow form around his user in an attempt to comfort her. No how much she tries... it still hurts so much. It feels like her heart was ripped out of her chest... Shohei...

  "Chiyo-san? Chiyo-san, are you in here?" The corvid girl hears Momo call out from in front of the bathroom stall. Chiyo curls around her knees even more, trying and failing to reign in her sobs.

  Chiyo doesn't notice that Grimoire opens the bathroom stall until she feels a pair of arms wrapping around her. She blinks in surprise, her vision blurred by her tears. Momo was kneeling next to her with her arms tightly wrapped around her.

  "Chiyo-san, let it all out. You're safe here. Everything's alright," Momo speaks softly, making Chiyo sob even harder. She shakes her head, gripping her arms with her talons.

  "He–he betrayed–he–it's all over with and yet–it hurts... it hurts so much!" She cries out, moving one of her hands to grip her shirt over her heart. "Two–two years! He ruined it all... I–he–how could he? I trusted him so much! As a boyfriend–as a friend! I–"

  Chiyo shakes her head and presses her face into her hands. That friendship, that trust. It'll never be the same again and it breaks her heart to see how their friendship came to be.

  "Shh, Chiyo-san, it's alright. Everything will be okay. Anyone who breaks your trust doesn't deserve you," Momo states, making Chiyo smile through her tears.

  "It doesn't make it hurt any less. Shohei... he is–was my only friend. And he–Gods, I knew our relationship was growing stale, but he... and he got with that girl, Toyonaga! Of all people... I... he knew how horrible her tormenting got, and yet..." Chiyo sniffs loudly and furiously rubs her eyes.

  "We can burn her! Burn the bitch! Burn the bitch!" Grimoire cheers with his hands in the air. Chiyo couldn't stop the watery chuckle that escapes her chest and gives her Quirk a small look.

  "Grim! If we did that, we'd be the first suspects," The corvid girl states with a stuffy throat. She sighs and wipes away the tears left on her cheeks.

  Chiyo stares at the wall across from her leans her head back to lightly hit the wall behind her. "I ran out of fourth period."

  "Your brother had pulled Mic-Sensei aside and told him what was going on. Mic-Sensei sent me after you." Momo rests her head on Chiyo's shoulder, still hugging the girl.

  "I won't get in trouble... will I?" Chiyo asks as she clacks her talons against each other. Momo shakes her head with a small hum.

  "Whatever your brother had told Mic-Sensei, he completely understands. He wants me to take you to Recovery Girl's infirmary. Something about a quiet place to rest and recuperate," The black haired teenager states, making Chiyo sigh in relief.

  "I feel much better now," Chiyo stands up, fixing her uniform before reaching out a hand, "I don't need to go to Recovery Girl's. Thank you, Momo-san."

  A small flush appears on Momo's cheeks. She grabs Chiyo's hand and stands up as well.

  "Yeah! Thanks pretty girl! Now we can kidnap the cheater and let Fumi use him in a ritual!" Grimoire chirps in delight. Momo and Chiyo giggle at the Quirk's antics before Momo lightly nudges the corvid girl's arm.

  "Well, if you and Tokoyami-kun need any alibis, I'm not opposed to giving a few out," Momo jokes with a smile, making Chiyo laugh even more.

  "I'll be sure to remember that, Momo-san. Now, let's get back to class. I need to apologize to Shōto-kun and Mic-Sensei." The two girls leave the restroom.

  Grimoire twirls around then, relieved that his wielder is feeling so much better compared to the last few days. Hm... he wonders how he can exact revenge on that cheater... maybe some arson. If he can convince Chiyo to commit to it...

-----

I PROMISE I'M NOT DEAD OR THAT THIS FIC IS DEAD. I'M HERE AND I COMPLETED THE CHAPTER.

I was a bit stuck on this chapter... and then the hyper-fixation on Kimetsu no Yaiba, Jujutsu Kaisen, and Bleach made me its prison bitch. But, I've finished it! And it's here for you all!

I hope you all enjoy it! And next chapter will be starting the Sports Festival! Fucking finally.

I hope you all are enjoying the story so far! Bye.

WhovianWhoudini