chapter 6: danger is afoot

"No great mind has ever existed without a touch of... madness."

- Aristotle

-----

Chiyo glances around with dilated eyes. Her wings were slightly puffed up and tense. Fumikage gives his sister a narrowed look. He could feel Dark Shadow restlessly moving around his mind at how alert Grimoire was in Chiyo's mind.

"What's wrong? You are hardly ever this alarmed," Fumikage asks, making Chiyo jump slightly. She takes a deep breath and tries to calm her overflowing nerves.

"Danger. Tell Aizawa-Sensei there is danger," Grimoire kept repeating worriedly, while Chiyo glances around one more time.

"I-it might be nothing, but I-I heard a crow yesterday-at the mall," Chiyo says quietly, too not disturb their classmates. "Only one."

Fumikage stumbles in shock before quickly finding his footing again. "What a mad banquet of darkness. Are you absolutely positive?"

The goth girl nods her head, nervously glancing around one more time. She tries to get rid of some of her nerves by shaking her hands, but it doesn't work as well as she wanted. They stay silent as they walk onto the bus with their class.

"Chiyo-san, are you alright? You seem incredibly distressed," Momo asks worriedly when Chiyo sits down next to her. She gives a small, weak smile to the taller girl.

"I-I'm alright Momo-chan!" Chiyo tries and fails to make her wings relax. "Just have a bad feeling."

"Protect!" Grimoire whines, leaping out of Chiyo. She facepalms when Grimoire starts fretting over everyone in the bus.

"Grim," Chiyo sighs with a small, exasperated smile. Grimoire turns to her and flips her off before going back to hugging everyone in the class and making sure they were all well.

"Get the fuck away from me!" Katsuki shouts with a deep scowl, leaning away from Chiyo's Quirk.

He doesn't listen and hugs the angry blonde while trapping his arms. "No."

"Control your fucking Quirk, Goth Fucker!" Katsuki exclaims, making the goth girl giggle.

"Apologies, Bakugō-kun," Grimoire whines and gives Chiyo the puppy dog eyes, "he doesn't like hugs, Grimoire. Let him go."

"But hugs! And violence!" The shadow monster whines, reluctantly releasing Katsuki. He makes a weird annoyed sound before dejectedly floating over to Chiyo.

"Thank you Grim. I'll let you surprise attack Shohei the next time we see him," Chiyo says with a smile. Grimoire perks right back up with a cheer.

"Shohei?" Mina asks curiously with a mischievous smile. The goth girl giggles with a small blush and nods.

"Oda Shohei. He's my boyfriend and childhood friend," Fumikage sighs heavily, "and someone Fumi-chan is suspicious about."

"How long have you been together? Is he a Yamauchi Daizō or a Mori Tamiko?" The pink skinned girl asks excitedly, leaning forward.

Chiyo hums in thought while Grimoire shakes his head. "He's definitely a Sakemoto Akemi."

"We've been together for almost two years-and he is definitely a Mori Tamiko. What are you talking about Grim?" Chiyo answers, giving her Quirk a small glare.

"Ooh, he must be handsome. Does he go to UA? Please tell me he does!" Mina asks with wide eyes.

"No, he goes to Shiketsu," Chiyo says with an amused smile. Mina frowns slightly in despair.