chapter 9: screech

"Whenever a thing is done for the first time, it releases a little demon."

– Emily Dickinson

-----

    Chiyo felt fine. Maybe a bit numb, utterly exhausted, more than a little terrified, and pretty testy, but otherwise fine. The large decayed wound on her arm is definitely a bother, but she isn't worried about it, unlike Fumikage and the rest of her class. She couldn't feel it... but she may have dissociated to try and battle the panic and fear. Chiyo hates the clinically insane villains.

  "Chiyo-san, as your Class Representative, I order you to let Recovery Girl check over the wound and your wing. Pieces of your skin is still falling off!" Momo states sternly, glaring down at the corvid girl. Chiyo tries to glare up at her friend before sighing. She's too tired for this...

  "Alright, I will let Recovery Girl check my injuries. Only if you can keep Fumikage distracted. I would prefer him not to see the injury in his already fragile emotional state," Chiyo says tiredly, sitting up from the ground. She stumbles a bit from the lost balance, but quickly rights herself before she fully stands up. Momo nods, satisfied before pulling Chiyo's arm over her shoulders and helps her over to where Recovery Girl and the rest of the heroes were.

  "Recovery Girl! Chiyo-san needs medical attention!" The black haired teenager calls over Chiyo's grunt of pain when her wing drags across the ground. "Here, Yamada-Sensei, I need to go distract Tokoyami-kun."

  "Chi... Fumi needs to know. He is scared. I am scared," Grimoire states tiredly in Chiyo's mind. She ignores her Quirk and smiles up at Hizashi.

  "I apologize. If I was able to walk with a broken wing, you would be doing better things than helping me walk," Chiyo says softly, a small blush on her cheeks.

  "SCREECH!" Grimoire starts screeching non-stop in her head, making her wince. God damnit.

  Hizashi smiles brightly and laughs. "Nonsense, Little Listener! I'm your teacher and a hero! I'm here to help you!"

  Chiyo smiles and gently shakes her head in disagreement, but doesn't state her opinion. No one needs her pessimism right now.

  "Hello dearie, how are you feeling?" Recovery Girl asks once the corvid girl is brought to her. Chiyo shrugs with a small smile.

  "SCREECH!"

  "Numb, exhausted, a bit terrified too. Grim is not helping with his screeching," Chiyo answers simply while internally glaring at Grimoire. He doesn't stop his screeching. In fact, he gets louder.

  "How is your wing? Can you move it at all?" Chiyo shakes her head immediately. "Hm... Let's get you in the ambulance dearie. I'll need to reset your wing, and that decaying injury is complicated. Snipe! Help Tokoyami-san to the ambulance."

  Chiyo sighs heavily and slouches. "I can hear them. The media is already here, yes?"

  "Unfortunately. The police are trying there best to keep them at bay. Don't worry, dearie. They won't be able to bombard you with questions," Recovery Girl says with a sympathetic expression. Snipe walks over with an awkward wave.

  "Snipe, Tokoyami-san isn't able to walk with a broken wing. Help her to the ambulance and make sure none of the media can get to her," The elderly lady states softly, Snipe nodding in understanding.

  "Alrigh'. Ya think ya can walk there?" He asks when he turns to the corvid girl. She tilts her head slightly, eyes dilating.

  "I can. I just need support." Chiyo glances around and spots Fumikage trying–and definitely failing–to get away from Momo. A successful distraction. She focuses back on the gunslinger hero and grips his arm before they slowly make their way to the doors.

  "SCREEEEEEECH!"

  "Grimoire, I swear. Stop screeching. You know why I am not telling Fumikage about the extent to my wounds. Just be quiet. We both need to rest." Chiyo finally breaks and glares heavily at the shadow demon. He glares back, momentarily stopping in his deafening, annoying, screeching.

  Grimoire starts screeching again, making Chiyo clench her jaw. "SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!"

  "Oh my God. I wish I could wring my hands around your neck and strangle you to death," Chiyo snarls angrily before forcing herself out of her mind and back into the real world. They were outside now and the bright flashes of cameras were just making her migraine so much fucking worse.

-----

Sublime Boyfriend: "Are you alright? I just saw the news."

Raven Badass: "I'm fine. Small injuries. You free tomorrow?"

Sublime Boyfriend: "Yeah. Anything for you. Nanna Hye-mi's?"

Raven Badass: "Yes please..."

Sublime Boyfriend: "Are you sure you're alright, my raven?"

Raven Badass: "No... I don't think I am... it was so terrifying. They came to kill All Might. They wanted to kill us..."

Sublime Boyfriend: "You want me to sneak by for cuddles?"

Raven Badass: "...yes... bring a new hoodie. The one I have lost your scent."

Sublime Boyfriend: "Alright, alright. I'll spoil you. Be there soon."

    Chiyo smiles softly and closes her phone. She carefully stands up from her bed and walks over to her window, quietly opening it enough for Shohei to sneak in. Grimoire rumbles slightly and wakes up, making Chiyo laugh softly.

  "Apologies, Grim... Sho's coming by. You can go back to sleep," Chiyo says softly.

  Grimoire makes a trill from the back of his throat and curls into a ball. "Cuddles?"

  The corvid girl smiles and nods her head. She walks back to her bed and curls into her nest.

  "Cuddles. Goodnight Grim."

  "...night Chi..." Grimoire falls back asleep. Chiyo turns her phone back on and starts to play a game. 20 minutes later, a new warmth enters her nest.

  "Hello, my raven," Shohei greets quietly. Chiyo hums in greeting and let's her boyfriend move her around, until she was sitting up on his lap. Shohei runs his hands through her feathers and makes her sigh.

  "What happened?" Shohei gently rubs the large scar over her arm. Chiyo glances from her game to stare at it.

  "There was this–this man–the boss. He had a disintegrating Quirk. I made him mad and he attacked me. I held my own but–but he–it hurt so much. And I was–I was so scared!" Chiyo whispers, grip tightening around her phone. "And–and my class... we got separated and I was so worried. None of us have any experience against villains–no real experience. We–we could have died. All Might could have died protecting us. He–he defeated that–that monster, that Nomu, but it was close... I thought I was going to leave my family. I thought I was going to leave you, and that terrified me more than anything."

  Shohei shushes her as she starts to cry, kissing her ear and wrapping his arms around her. "You didn't though. My raven, you were strong and you lived. So did your class. You all lived. My raven, you did wonderfully."

  Chiyo releases a sob and turns around, hugging Shohei tightly. All the terror, the stress, all of what happened that day, Chiyo finally let it out. And she did so in the safest place, her home.

-----

Hey! Hope you like the new chapter! The aftermath of USJ... Next, the sports festival! I don't really know what I'll be doing for that, but I've got some ideas.

Hope you all are enjoying the story so far! Bye.

WhovianWhoudini