chapter 7: just a bit peckish

"We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones."

— Stephen King

-----

    Chiyo doesn't like to admit it, but she is scared–terrified–of villains. They are broken, conceited, and almost all of them are some level of clinical insanity. To Chiyo, villains are probably some of the worst kind of people to her.

  She isn't blinded by her opinion on them, though. She knows that–most of the time–it was society, the people that had caused them to go to the villains. Chiyo understands that villains are human beings too. She isn't scared of many villains, only the truly insane ones.

  Her fear is one she's had for as long as she could remember. One that society forced into her than she had herself. The fear of becoming one. A villain.

  When society has cast you in a dark light because of your Quirk, fearing you will become one of the worst villains, a fear like that is more logical than most people realize.

-----

    Chiyo's wings start to puff in, appearing larger than they were as she quickly glances around. She stands protectively in front of her classmates.

  A dark purple mist forms at the center of the building, suddenly exploding out. A man slowly walks out of the mist, a separated hand on his face.

  "Gather together and don't move!" Shōta orders, pulling up his yellow goggles. "Thirteen, protect the students!"

  "What's that?" A 15 year old boy with bright red hair, bright red eyes, and tan skin, Kirishima Eijirō, leans forward with furrowed eyebrows.

  "Is this like the Entrance Exam where the lesson's already started?" Eijirō adds while squinting his eyes to try and see more.

  Izuku is about to take a step forward. "Don't move!"

  People slowly started to come out of the mist, all menacing. Chiyo makes a growling noise from the back of her throat.

  "Villains..."

  "Those are villains."

  Chiyo swallows back her sudden nausea, straightening her shoulders. "The–the breach the other day. It was them, wasn't it?"

  "What? Villains? There's no way they could get into a hero school!" Eijirō states incredulously.

  "Thirteen-Sensei, what about the trespasser sensors?" Momo asks in a forced calm tone of voice.

  "We have them of course, but..."

  "It's more probable that they only appeared here, not around the entire school. USJ doesn't have sensors inside the building. It's completely isolated from the main campus. They planned this to happen while a class was supposed to be here."

  "Did they only appear here, or around the whole school? Either way, if the sensors are not responding, it means they have someone with a Quirk that can do that. An isolated area separated from the main campus during a time when a class is supposed to be here." Chiyo and a 15 year old boy with bi-colored red and white hair, fair skin, and heterochromia turquoise blue and grey eyes speak at the same time. They glance at each other, but neither comment on the weird moment.

  "Thirteen, start the evacuation," Shōta says, taking a step forward. "Try calling the school. These villains even had something to counteract the sensors. It's possible someone with radio-wave-type powers is interfering. Kaminari. You try contacting the school with your Quirk, too."