The Darkness

A Teacher was once talking to their class and asked them to all close their eyes, but one student's eyes remain open.

The Teacher asks them again to all close their eyes, but the Student says "No"

The Teacher asks "Why?". The Student says "Because I can't"

The Teacher says again "Why not? Everyone else is, everyone else can, so why not you?"

To which the Student replied "Because I am not everyone else"

"I know," said the Teacher "but why can't you just close your eyes"

"Because" The Student replied, "if I close my eyes then the darkness will come"

The Teacher asks again getting confused over what the problem is "What did you mean? What Darkness?"

"The one that consumes my vision when my eyes are shut" Replied the Student to his Teacher

The Teacher again even more so confused "Are you scared of the dark? Are you scared of this 'Darkness'?

The Student looked at their Teacher almost shocked at the question "No of course not, I am not scared of the Dark of the Darkness. I embrace it yet still I remain wary of the Darkness, for I know what it does and what it can cause if not handled cautiously"

The Teacher asked almost afraid of what the child means "Well then what does the Darkness do?"

The Student looks up at their Teacher and with an expressionless face replies "It Destroys, it Darkens, it Kills, it Maims, it Hurts and it Overshadows and Destroys the truth blocking out all light and good. It does nothing but bad and evil things to us and this world. That is what the Darkness does that is what happens when the Darkness comes?"

The Teacher looking scared at what their Student is saying asks them "But how does that all happen by you just closing your eyes?"

"Because when I close my eyes I am submitting to it, to the Darkness as I am allowing it to take over my vision. I am allowing it to cloud my eyes and for myself to only see the Darkness, to only see the Destruction of the world around me, around us and to only see what the world would be like if there was no Light if there was no Good and miss this is not a world I wish to live in."

The Student looks up at their Teacher and asks "What about you Miss, would you like to live in a world full only of the Darkness and Shadows, only of War and Destruction, Death and Chaos. Is that a world you wish for us to live in Miss, Is it?"

"No, I guess it's not"  The teacher shakily replies unsure about what the conversation has lead to or is still leading too, "but still that can not happen just when you close your eyes. As before everyone else's eyes were shut and nothing bad happened? No 'Darkness' came, no Evil" The Teacher said trying to help the situation.

The Student looks up and starts to explain that "Miss whenever I close my eyes it shows me the Darkness, it shows me that darkness and suffering of the world and all those who live here. For every second millions of people are blinking all over the world and in those brief moments where they are blinking, they too see the Darkness. They too see the Darkness that is currently happening somewhere in the world. That Darkness can be seen through Wars, Death, Pain, Suffering? For when we blink we all get to see the Darkness and then that Darkness manifests and starts to reach Havoc and Chaos in our world whether it's around us, close to us, to us or to the world around us. "

"So, Miss, I ask you again, Who's to say that by us seeing the Darkness we don't cause the Darkness and that by me closing my eyes will I see the darkness and by keeping them shut and by seeing that Darkness for a longer period of time will I, therefore, cause a far greater Darkness to occur in our world for a far longer period no matter where it happens in our world? You always told us that every action we take everything we do has a consequence sometimes its good sometimes it's bad and a lot of the time it doesn't even affect us but better yet affects us all. So whos to say that us blinking and seeing that darkness is not one of those actions that leads to bad outcomes?"

The Teacher unsure of what else to say and clearly in some way disturbed by what has been said by this child concludes by saying "um ah I guess you have a point there but yet there is nothing that tells us that what you say is true"

The Student shrugs as the Teacher sighs before the Student looks up at her one last time and with a blank expression and slightly darkened eyes "Sure miss I guess that is true and yet we also can find nothing that tells us what I say is false either," The child smirks creepily looking up their now petrified Teacher "Isn't that right Miss?"

----------------------------------------------------------

So the Darkness is here, it always is and always was and it can be seen being acted out all over the World in many ways such as in a Simple Shadow, a Gruesome Murder or a Bloodied War and all we need do, is to see that Darkness around us, to open our eyes to it, to open our eyes to see it around us and to blink and act upon it to embrace it.

Because at some stage in our lives we will be faced with a choice where we must pick. a choice where no one else can help you decide.

So what will it be...

What will you pick...

Will you pick...

To Ignore it...

To Hide from it...

To Run from it...

Or will you pick...

To Become it...

To Embrace it...

To Be it...

It's your choice so 

What will it be, 

And what is your relationship with...

The Darkness...

Authors Note

This is another chapter sorry for the long break I just have been really slack in writing at the moment and I do have some other books I am figuring of so I can hopefully start to write and publish the first parts of one or two of them soon. This is based on a quote I made up ages ago, the quote is in the image at the start of the chapter. So I hope you liked it. Happy 2021 Everyone.

First Published on the 14th of January 2021