Hello?

As I am finally waking up, the sun is already shinning bright. Getting up to do a quick stretch it is surprising that they haven't woken you up yet. Normally mom would barge in and complain about me waisting the day away. 

Half asleep the entire house feels cold and it awfully quiet. Walking into the kitchen, the lack of food, smell of coffee is giving an eerie feeling. With a pit forming in mine stomach,  I walk towards your parents room. Knocking on the door, there is no responds.

Maybe they aren't home? No they would have woken you up. Knocking one more time, you patiently wait. 

Nothing.

Are they still sleeping? They were pretty tired last night, so that could be possible. Walking back to your room, you decide to change. Ignoring the growing pit in your stomach.

As you come back downstairs, you finally take your phone out. Empty? I'm pretty sure that I charged it last night. Plugging it back into the charger, you sit down onto the couch.

Something is wrong. It doesn't feel right.

Walking back to your parents room, you knock a bit more forceful. "I am opening the door" As you peek your head around the door, the bed is empty.

Swinging the door open there is no sign of  your parents. Maybe they did leave? Touching the bed, it feels cold. They must have left early then. Weird.

Sitting back on the couch, the tv won't turn on. Checking on your phone, it doesn't seem to charge. 

Finally realizing that the electric clock in your room also didn't work, the situation becomes even stranger. Hoping to fix the electricity, you put on your shoes. As you open the door to head to the garage, you notice the abandon cars on the street.

What is going on? Opening the garage, you stop. The car is here. But, where are they then? 

Feeling more nervous you try to start the car, but it refuses to work. What on earth is going on. The entire house is empty, electricity isn't working and there are abandoned cars in the middle of the street.

Putting your keys away, you decide to head into the city. There must be people around somewhere. 

With no transportation, it took you around 40 minutes to walk into the city. Standing on the road, it is making you more and more nervous. You didn't see a soul.

It looks like the city has been abandoned. Cars in the middle of the street, garbage flying around and it is quiet. There is no one. 

As you are looking around, you are calling out for anyone. But no responds. 

Sitting down on the street. You feel tired, your feet hurting and  a loud growl escapes your stomach. You need to find a place to rest and to get food. 

Softly pushing against the door of the apartment store, it swiftly opens. I guess the stores are still open for business. Finding a backpack, you take some essentials. Finding canned food, water bottles and some snacks. 

Walking past the cutlery, you take out a knife. Why does it feel like I am going to need this.. Doubting whether you should take the knife or not, the light and voice scare you. What is going on.

Instinctively holding the knife close, you hear a message what seems like an announcement "Welcome new players, the new games will begin shortly"

Games? Looking around, you don't see or hear anyone else. Games? As you look around more, you notice an arrow and the reflection of light on the clouds.

This could be the only way to find out what is going on, but what if it is an ambush? And you walk into a dangerous situation. 

No..No I don't have a choice. I can either stay here alone, unaware of what is going on. Or I can go and find out what these games are. What the hell is going on.

Putting the knife in your pocket, you shorten your backpack. Time to find out.

Watching from a distance you watch as another girl enters the building and shortly after a guy goes inside. Listening carefully you don't hear any screams. Okay assuming that they would scream loudly, they weren't attacked at least. 

Getting up from the hidding spot, you stop in front of the building. It seems normal. Taking a deep breath you step inside.

With a few steps, you see the girl and boy standing there. Oh wait there is someone else too. As you walk closer, the girl seems relieved to see you. Studying them some more, you notice that they are all holding a phone. 

"Hey" The girl immediately speaks up "Hi"as you look down to the table, it says one phone a person. Grabbing one, it starts and opens with facial recognizing. But I never had this phone before.

"Do you know what is going on?" The girl sounds nervous, her eyes giving away that she has been crying. "I was working and then.. Everyone was gone."

"I don't know what is going on." Trying to give her a comforting smile, she looks down, battling her tears.

With one more person arriving, the phone speaks out that 5 people are playing and 1 more minute is left to register. 

"First time playing?" The new comer is looking directly at me, not sure what to say, I nod. "What are the games for?" Doubting for a second, he sighs.

"You need to play games to be able to life."  

'THE GAME IS STARTING'

Not able to explain any further, his words are enough to make me terrified. As I look at the phone I see clubs 8. 

"What does this mean?" I look a the new comer and he looks defeated. "It is a teamgame" As I look back at my phone, it start to talk again.

"Run, Run. Find the detonator before it is too late."

As I look at the faces in the room, they all seem confused, except one. He seems scared, afraid almost. Seeing the time ticking away, I am not sure what to do. But standing here doesn't seem like the best solution.

"Who is coming to find the detonator." Seeing the hesitation on their faces, I sigh. They are not useful at all. I look at the only guy with some experience. "You have played other games. Let's go"

Having left the other behind, we are moving through the building. Not sure what to look for. He stops me. Pointing to the others a level below us. 

We watch as they are talking loudly, screaming for help and then they stop. Standing up to see why they stopped talking, they are walking back slowly and then they start running. 

And then the girl falls down. My eyes widening as I see her head flying trough the air. Blood spattering everywhere. 

I quickly hide to make sure that thing doesn't see me. Looking at the guy, he doesn't seem fazed at all. 

Able to life. These games are about life of death. Taking a deep breath to collect myself, I tie my shoelaces tighter. "Let's find the detonator"

As we continue to look, only one thought is going though my mind. 

I am not ready to die yet.