Beginning of an end

Overnight everything seems to have changed. Looking over the balcony, Hatter has been asking an awful lot to see you and Niragi has been away all day. 

What happened in a span of 8 hours. 

Waking up, I am holding on to Niragi's shirt. He must have slept so uncomfortable. Slowly moving away from him, his arms pulls me back. Hugging me, I listen to his steady heart beat. "Why are you moving away"  he was awake the whole time? "It looked uncomfortable for you"  shaking his head, I can feel him falling back to sleep. Softly mumbling me to stay right there. 

After finally getting ready for the day, Niragi looks so tired. Did he not sleep? Walking away from the window he walks straight to me and pulls me into his embrace. "I have to go. Some task to do" letting go, his face lingers before mine.

My heart beating faster, I feel nervous. His intense stare, his hand on my waist and strongly holding me close. A hard knock on our door, breaking this moment.

Letting go, he takes his riffle and walks out the door. Taking a deep breath, my heart is beating fast. but something feels off. He feels off.

Having closed your eyes for a second, everything is so puzzling. What on earth happened. Stepping outside, the wind feels cold.  Trying to walk past a group of guys, one of them steps in my way. "Oh hello" seeing him smirking to me, he shushes his friends as they try to pull him back. "I am new here, why don't you show me around" His wink grossing me out, I step aside but he follows my movements. His hand gripping my bruised arm, I tense up. Shit that hurts. 

As he leans in, I close my eyes in responds to blood spatting from him. His grip slowly falling from my arm, his lifeless body falls to the ground as his eyes stare blankly into mine. 

After that loud sound of the gun, a hand comes around my waist. As Niragi stand in front of me, he removes a drop of blood from my face. "Lets go" his gun over one of his shoulder he holds my hand with the other. Walking through the crowd, he tells some of the militant to get rid of the body. 

Sneaking a glance back, I watch how they are dragging the body away and leaving a bloody trail behind. 

"You are okay, right" nodding, he smiles in relieve. Sitting down, we are watching how the others are acting in this chaos. Looking around this place is becoming more and more like home, because of him. Sneaking a glance of Niragi he looks happy when holding my hand and tracing the lines of my palm. He is my home. 

And this place is just intoxicating both of us. "Why don't we leave this place" his eyes stop moving and he glares forward. Squeezing my hand, he continues to trace my palm "What do you mean" his voice changing a bit more cold, I know that he is comfortable here and isn't to keen on having this conversation.

"Lets leave. Find another place to stay" Moving to face me, he is looking around if anyone is listening to our conversation "It doesn't matter where we are, as long as we are together" feeling his hand letting go, I quickly grab his sleeve. Realizing that I am serious about this, he bites his lip

"If that is the case then why don't we just stay here" letting go of his sleeve, I let out a sigh. Why does he want to stay here. I just don't get it. "Do you like what this place is doing to you? What it turns us into?" his eyes slowly turning more emotionless, it is scary to see. I never know what this side of him will do. Even though I know he would never hurt me, when he is like that who knows what he is capable of.

"Did you ever think that is just me? Who I am." Shaking my head. I turn my gaze away from him. This conversation is going nowhere. Getting up, he grabs my arm and pulls me back down. "Owh" grabbing my wrist so tight, his nails are leaving marks on my skin "I know who you are. And this facade isn't you. It is who you are becoming due to this whole place, due to all the bad things that ever happened to you" struggling to remove his hand from my wrist, his eyes are still dead. "Niragi, you are hurting me"