03

Kaya woke up in her room again. She couldn't remember anything after they left the restaurant, but it was safe to assume that he had brought her back to the hospital.

A nurse came in holding a tray of food, as Kaya attempted to sit up from her bed. "I am so sorry about that, but this is the safest way for you and others around you." Bitterness laced the nurse's pitiful tone.

Kaya, being as smart as she was, knew the nurse didn't like her—most likely because she ran yesterday, but she came back so it's not like any harm was done.

She was happy the nurse would be dead soon.

She grabbed the fork, glancing at her wrists that were decorated in primrose bracelets. It didn't matter though. She was going to be leaving soon.

A week passed by in a hazy blur of repeated motions: eat, sit, drugs, blackout.

On the seventh day of grey monotone, the nurse finally didn't force those horrid pills down her throat. Instead of that lovely afternoon ritual, screams were heard throughout the pale halls.

It was probably a nurse.

Kaya couldn't help but cackle. It would finally be their blood this time on their pristine floors. It made her glad that she somewhat had a part in her vengeance too, given that she chose not to tell anyone about the foretellings she had received from the FBI agent.

Someone slammed the door open, startling her. Just because she was happy they were getting attacked doesn't mean she didn't think she would get harmed as well. Thank god it was just the agent from the week prior.

He was disguised as a doctor in a lab coat, finishing the look with a stethoscope around his neck and rounded glasses around Expo blue eyes. A clipboard was held in his left hand and his right was closing the door ever so slowly.

"How did you manage to get here?" Kaya asked, an eyebrow raised in mock sarcasm.

"I just came to watch and make sure you know what to do." That was confusing.

"Don't you care about the people dying though. I thought the government's supposed to care about that."

'The local law enforcement will handle that when the wolves leave. Human beings aren't really my department of the law."

That made sense, but that also made her extremely cautious. If he didn't care about people, then it is most likely that if she were to be in need of help, he wouldn't help her, given his complete disregard of humanity.

"So this is what is going to happen. The alpha wolf is going to eventually find you so just don't leave within fifty meters of this area," He ran his long fingers through the waves of his hair checking his clipboard, like a doctor looking at a patient's form. He was extremely focused on making sure that Kaya understood everything. His desperation could probably be smelled from miles away...or maybe that was just the smell of rotting death.

"When the alpha finds you, act naturally. Do not ever give away the fact that you hate him, or the anger you feel."

Kaya nodded. She already had a plan...one that she didn't need to tell anyone, especially someone so suspicious like him.

She knew what she needed to do...what she craved to do. She wanted to hurt him for everything he did to her. She wanted to carve out his insides and feed them to him until he died, which would be a while given these wolves healed fast.

"Okay. I'm going to go now," His hand was on the silver knob again as his pale wrists pushed down and eventually he left, leaving nothing behind but Kaya's hidden thoughts.