07

Xander wandered around the sprawling halls of his mansion, each hallway giving him a different feeling of the nostalgic memories he had in that wing, many of them with Viola.

In one of these rooms to his right, he and Viola ended up staying up all night binge watching kdramas. The headache he had the next morning was further worsened by having to spar with his pack members. Thanks to her he almost lost one of those matches too.

He walked further down looking around for his little mate.

He eventually found her lying down on the floor staring at the empty ceiling.

"There you are!" He decided not to ask what she was doing, respecting her privacy and all.

Her head flicked to him, as a wide smile spread across her blank face.

Her eyes stayed in their emotionless place making her seem cold to the average person, but to Xander, her eyes offered him warmth and happiness.

"Oh. Sorry, I didn't know you were looking for me."

"Yeah...um...I had something to ask you." Nerves overcame him.

Xander had never done this before. Never felt the panic and hopefulness of asking someone out. Never felt what it'd be like to fall in love.

She tilted her head slightly, questioning what he wanted to ask.

He froze for a second. His cheeks turned in two round tomatoes as he mentally prepared himself.

It was strange. He, who had conquered and vanquished his many enemies, was stumbling over his words in front of this little human, who was nothing more than an ant compared to the people he killed.

What would he even say? How would he say it?

Finally his brain continued to spin and he managed to form a sentence.

"Would you like to go on a picnic with me tomorrow?"

"Sure I'd love to," she beamed excitedly.

"Oh..Umm...that's great! Is there anything you'd like me to bring? I know this really nice spot we can go to." He stumbled over some of his words in excitement over the fact that he could spend time with Kaya.

He was about to open his mouth to continue what he was saying, when the phone rang.

The shrill ringtone of his business phone drastically filled the silence as he picked up.

"Hello?"

It was one of the neighboring packs, probably asking about something unimportant like transferring members or some shit like that.

"Sorry," He mouthed to Kaya, to which she responded with "It's okay," and a bright smile.

Xander continued to work for the rest of the day, signing different laws and finding a way to replace his beta.

Realizing the pile of documents he had to do was too long for him to leave the office, he decided to call an omega to buy him the things he found necessary to bring tomorrow.

He begged Leto that she wouldn't mess up. Then again, when had Leto ever listened to him?

*

Ten hours later and the sun was beginning to wake up his office with the indigo blue of the early morning.

And ten hours later, Xander was still sitting at his desk, legs cramped and neck stiff, reading email after email of propositions from pack members and neighboring packs.