Chapter 3

Della's POV
(continuation of chapter 2)

"It's him"

"What do you mean it's him" Amber repeated slowly in a questioning tone. " it's chris" Della replied. "wait how do you even know that's him" Maya asked still shocked. " well unless there is another area code of 757 then that's definitely him" Della replied while starting to pace the floor.

So many questions were wandering through her mind like why now , why me, and most importantly after all this time. She was snapped back into reality when she noticed the ringing had stopped and and Maya were staring at her awaiting her next move. Without a second thought Amber ran off with Della's phone locking herself inside her room.

"Open the fucking door" screamed Della as she felt like she was about to have a panic attack. "No not until you talk to him" Amber replied. She continued to bang on ambers door until she heard a familiar voice on the other end. She halted her movements scared for her next move. The door quickly opened with Amber passing her her phone and giving her a sympathetic look.

"Hello"Della"Dellz" said the voice she had remembered loving so much. "Do not call me that" Della gritted out in an angry tone while silently dropping tears.

She heard the other person sigh on the other end which made her even more angry. " if your not going to talk I'm going to ha- " she was cut off by Chris on the other end.

" WAIT, I missed you and I'm so sorry that I didn't keep in touch" chris started to say .

Della let out a sarcastic chuckle while replying " yea it sure does seem like it"

" what do you mean you stopped calling me . I remember so many nights calling you 10-20 times but it kept getting sent to voicemail" chris replied starting to become frustrated.

" my nigga are you crazy I haven't gotten a call from you since that night i last seen you SO DONT TRY TO TURN THIS ON ME" Della replied starting to yell.

" the phone works both ways and obviously you didn't think to call me either probably too busy being a hoe" replied chris in a dark tone.

Della let out a laugh in disbelief. " you know what I'm not entertaining your foolishness for 1. you still sound drunk and 2. no I wasn't out here being a hoe I was building my career something you wouldn't know how to do since you've had everything handed to you your whole life. While your at it how about you go get checked .I see your the only one out here being a hoe in California have a blessed day. " I say before ending the call.

"Are you happy now" I say to Amber and Maya who look at me with wide eyes before walking off to my room.

Without thinking I start to throw everything in my room. I pick up the lamp and throw it on the ground feeling a sense of satisfaction. I proceeded to kick something when I open a drawer to see a picture of me and chris at this theme park called Busch gardens.

*flashback*
June 13, 2004

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHH" I screamed as we dropped on the biggest rollercoaster at Busch Gardens called the Griffin. Right beside me was buck tooth ass Christopher Brown laughing at me the whole way down.
" aye shawty everything's going to be alright big daddy chris is right here" chris says while making kissy faces at me.